Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Plugin Development Environment (PDE) » Eclipse Plugin Development (w/PDE)
Eclipse Plugin Development (w/PDE) [message #1067480] Tue, 09 July 2013 01:40
William Jen is currently offline William JenFriend
Alright, so I'm attempting to build a plugin, and I didn't understand the tutorials at all. I would like a few pointers to help set me on my way when developing this plugin.

I want to keep the default editor, but what I want to change is what the "run" button will do. Instead of just compiling and running Java projects, I want to export the jar AND boot up an internal server on the local machine (127.0.0.1), given a batch file.

For those who dig deep, I am developing a Bukkit (Minecraft) plugin editor for Eclipse:
How Bukkit plugins work is that Bukkit Plugin projects do not contain the main method, they rather extend the JavaPlugin class, which is considered the entry point by the CraftBukkit Server. What I'm trying to do is simplify the operation - instead of manually exporting jar after jar into the plugin folder of the server, I want to hit a run button, and pretty much inject the code into the plugin folder.

So what I need pointers on:
-how to make a project template, where files autogenerate
-how to change the run config.
-how to add a server console tab to the bottom of the workbench area

Thank you for helping a fellow newbie dev out!
Previous Topic:Import Launch Config Hangs Eclipse with 100% processor usage and then runs out of memory
Next Topic:Contribution on Debug Configurations window
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 19 00:38:48 GMT 2024