Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Eclipse 4 » ElementListSelectionDialog on Eclipse 4(No search result)
ElementListSelectionDialog on Eclipse 4 [message #1067203] Sun, 07 July 2013 14:48 Go to next message
AIT YAHIA Idir is currently offline AIT YAHIA IdirFriend
hello,

i have a basic implementation of ElementListSelectionDialog, like following.

ElementListSelectionDialog dialog = 
  new ElementListSelectionDialog(shell, new LabelProvider());
dialog.setElements(new String[] { "Linux", "Mac", "Windows" });
dialog.setTitle("Which operating system are you using");
dialog.open();

the dialog open, but the list is empty, and when we type something in the search field, it nothing happens.

i don't have any exception,I have declared dependency to a package org.eclipse.ui.dialogs

I read somewhere that the selection dialog are directly reusable after 4.2 release of eclipse.

someone was confronted a similar problem ?
Re: ElementListSelectionDialog on Eclipse 4 [message #1067299 is a reply to message #1067203] Mon, 08 July 2013 08:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I deeply examined the ElementListSelectionDialog class, and I found that the problem comes from FiltredList not draw the element provided via LabelProvider.

FilteredList list = new FilteredList(workArea,SWT.BORDER | SWT.V_SCROLL | SWT.H_SCROLL,new LabelProvider(),false,true,true);
		 list.setLayoutData(new GridData(GridData.FILL,
				GridData.BEGINNING, true, false, 1, 1));
list.setFilter(""); //$NON-NLS-1$		
list.setElements( new Object[] {"Item 1","Item 2","Item 3","Item"});

I don't know why it does not work for me, but one thing is sure is that it works fine in the Eclipse IDE.

I think I have no alternative, i must define my own Dialog based on a TableViewer

[Updated on: Mon, 08 July 2013 08:54]

Report message to a moderator

Re: ElementListSelectionDialog on Eclipse 4 [message #1067852 is a reply to message #1067299] Wed, 10 July 2013 21:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Erdal Karaca is currently offline Erdal KaracaFriend
The FilteredList depends on Eclipse 3.x Job API which itself depends on the Eclipse 3.x platform to be running... In effect I ended up implementing a list selection dialog using a viewer, too...

AIT YAHIA Idir wrote on Mon, 08 July 2013 10:51
I deeply examined the ElementListSelectionDialog class, and I found that the problem comes from FiltredList not draw the element provided via LabelProvider.

FilteredList list = new FilteredList(workArea,SWT.BORDER | SWT.V_SCROLL | SWT.H_SCROLL,new LabelProvider(),false,true,true);
		 list.setLayoutData(new GridData(GridData.FILL,
				GridData.BEGINNING, true, false, 1, 1));
list.setFilter(""); //$NON-NLS-1$		
list.setElements( new Object[] {"Item 1","Item 2","Item 3","Item"});

I don't know why it does not work for me, but one thing is sure is that it works fine in the Eclipse IDE.

I think I have no alternative, i must define my own Dialog based on a TableViewer

Re: ElementListSelectionDialog on Eclipse 4 [message #1067860 is a reply to message #1067852] Wed, 10 July 2013 22:44 Go to previous message
I finally implemented my own dialog for selection based on and TitleAreaDialog and JFace TableViewer, I was inspired from the ElementListSelectionDialog source I defined it so as to be standard and reusable in any Eclipse project, and I think it is better it is much more flexible
Previous Topic:Need clarification of extending E4 app by fragments
Next Topic:Toolbar items disappears when no parts opened (compatibilty mode)
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Mar 29 13:44:27 GMT 2024