Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Archived » Hudson » M2 Release Plugin(release:branch not working (for me))
M2 Release Plugin [message #1067097] Fri, 05 July 2013 20:11 Go to next message
space goose is currently offline space gooseFriend
I am trying to setup a Jenkins (1.5.17) project that would create a branch from dev into a name of my choosing (using github).

I have the following arguments set for "Release goals and options:"

-Dresume=false release:branch -DbranchName=my_branch \
-DupdateWorkingCopyVersions=false -DupdateBranchVersions=false

When using these arguments, the plugin does not engage, the output from the job ends at the step before the m2 release plugin stuff.

Ideally my_branch will be a string parameter, e.g. ${my_branch} - can the M2 Release Plugin use Jenkins-set environment variables in its Release goals and options:" field?

I can execute this manually from a clone of dev on my machine, and it successfully branches. My pom.xml has an scm section.

I tried executing this in a shell within the project, but am having some issue with that too:

"fatal: The remote end hung up unexpectedly" "ERROR: Repository not found.", etc.

Could be ssh key related, or I need to setup something in my Jenkins "execute shell" script for github??

Thanks for any help,
sg

Razz
Re: M2 Release Plugin [message #1067124 is a reply to message #1067097] Sat, 06 July 2013 04:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Bob Foster is currently offline Bob FosterFriend
Given that you're running Jenkins, you're probably going to get more useful responses at http://jenkins-ci.361315.n4.nabble.com/.
Re: M2 Release Plugin [message #1067432 is a reply to message #1067124] Mon, 08 July 2013 16:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Thanks for the info, for whatever reason, the project page:

wiki.hudson-ci.org/display/HUDSON/M2+Release+Plugin

lists here for support.

In any event I was able to get the command to work in a script section of the jenkins project (it was an issue with push permissions, jenkins didn't have and needed to do a branch on github), which perhaps is why the plugin itself didn't respond with branch arguments ...
Re: M2 Release Plugin [message #1067439 is a reply to message #1067432] Mon, 08 July 2013 17:23 Go to previous message
FWIW - It still does not work using the M2 Release Plugin (even with Jenkins having push / pull) ... will seek help on the other list.

Thanks,
sg
Previous Topic:Maven3 plugin and SVN
Next Topic:Upgrade from 2.2.1 to 3.0.1 Unsuccessful
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 19 12:41:56 GMT 2024