Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Language IDEs » ServerTools (WTP) » Eclipse fails to deploy ear on Jboss(It wrongly extracts jars from lib folder)
Eclipse fails to deploy ear on Jboss [message #1066924] Fri, 05 July 2013 07:29 Go to next message
tester tester is currently offline tester testerFriend
When I Drag&Drop the folder with the .ear file to the server in the Servers-Tab, the deployment fails. I am using eclipse 4.3 (but any 4.x does) and JBoss EAP 6.0. My ear looks like this:

A.jar
|-META-INF
|-/lib
    |-B.jar
    |-C.jar

The problem is that eclipse/Jboss extracts the jars from the /lib folder to the root level, so it looks like this on the JBoss:

A.jar
B.jar
C.jar
/lib/ -empty-
/META-INF/

As a consequence the paths are wrong and deployment fails.

Now I can do this:
I make a rightclick on the ear-folder and then choose "Configure->Convert to Maven Project" - and then I see a small "M" on the folder in the project explorer. Then I build the folder again with "Rightclick->Run as...->Maven install".

Afterwards I repeat the Drag&Drop to the server tab - and out of a wonder it deploys correctly! And the jars remain correctly in the subfolder /lib.

But as soon as I do "Rightclick->Disable Maven Nature" (small M sign on folder is gone) it fails again on Drag&Drop deployment! This process is reproducable anytime.

Why is this so? Is it a bug? Why does it ONLY work when I do "Convert to Maven Project" (although it already is a Maven Project)? Please someone clarify this, as it is quite annoying.
Re: Eclipse fails to deploy ear on Jboss [message #1066955 is a reply to message #1066924] Fri, 05 July 2013 08:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Mickael Istria is currently offline Mickael IstriaFriend

Please ask this question of the webtools forum. This forum is dedicated
to discussions about Eclipse 4 Platform advanced usage.

--
Mickael Istria
JBoss, by Red Hat
My blog: http://mickaelistria.wordpress.com
My Tweets: http://twitter.com/mickaelistria
Re: Eclipse fails to deploy ear on Jboss [message #1066956 is a reply to message #1066924] Fri, 05 July 2013 08:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Mickael Istria is currently offline Mickael IstriaFriend

Anyway, I recommend you to install JBoss Tools or Red Hat JBoss
Developer Studio from marketplace as it will provide you a better
integration of Eclipse/Maven/JBoss/JEE.
--
Mickael Istria
JBoss, by Red Hat
My blog: http://mickaelistria.wordpress.com
My Tweets: http://twitter.com/mickaelistria
Re: Eclipse fails to deploy ear on Jboss [message #1066970 is a reply to message #1066956] Fri, 05 July 2013 09:36 Go to previous message
tester tester is currently offline tester testerFriend
I'm using JBoss Tools from marketplace already. Besides I elaborated the task and found that this "convert to maven project" creates an additional "m2e-wtp" folder in the target directory. Obviously it depends on this directory to make the Drag&Drop-deployment correctly. This additional directory also appears if one does "righclick on folder-> project facets->Jboss Maven integration".

I'm sorry if I didn't post in the correct subforum, as I don't know where exactly the error lies. It looked to me that the simple Drag&Drop feature (which exists from the beginning in an eclipse installation) does somehow an error itself, therefore I wrote in here.

However it still does not make sense, because - why is there Drag&Drop possible in the first place if it doesn't work correctly, except doing some workaround...

[Updated on: Fri, 05 July 2013 09:37]

Report message to a moderator

Previous Topic:Porting XML Editor Challenge [SOLVED]
Next Topic:How to remove JSR-109 Web Services
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Mar 19 04:50:42 GMT 2024