Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Archived » Jubula » Object mappings accross AUTs/configurations(How to reuse the same Jubula tests on different AUT(eclipse))
Object mappings accross AUTs/configurations [message #1066849] Thu, 04 July 2013 18:39 Go to next message
Guy Perron is currently offline Guy PerronFriend
Hello,

I am using Jubula 7.1 to drive tests on different Eclipse versions which run different versions of the same plugins as rcp.

If I design the test on say Kepler, it plays back the test fine.

The problem occurs when I use a different configuration, which drives Eclipse 3.8.2 (could be a different one).

The test stops with Component Not found Error. That specific component I defined to be called NewReviewGroup and mapped to a technical name which is identical between the 2 configurations.

But somehow, Jubula doesn`t see them as being the same.

How can I workaround this without having to redo the mapping for every configuration ?

The intention is to run the same tests when new eclipse and/or plugins are released. With this current problem, I don`t see how that can be.

Thanks

[Updated on: Fri, 05 July 2013 14:57]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Object mappings accross AUTs/configurations [message #1067128 is a reply to message #1066849] Sat, 06 July 2013 07:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Achim Loerke is currently offline Achim LoerkeFriend

Unfortunately there are technical reason for a different default OM between RCP 3.x and 4.x AUTs. We thought about solving this by adding some sort of heuristic but gave up because it would fail less often, but if it fails you'll never guess what happened.

You will get a rock solid OM if you put names on your components by calling setData("TEST_COMP_NAME", "your unique ID for the component") This is detailed in the Jubula documentation.

- Achim
Re: Object mappings accross AUTs/configurations [message #1074370 is a reply to message #1067128] Fri, 26 July 2013 15:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi again,

I have followed your advice and made setData calls on 2 toolbar items which are the object of tests.
element.setData("TEST_COMP_NAME", "TBItem1");
element.setData("TEST_COMP_NAME", "TBItem2");

I then installed my plugin on the 4.3 and 4.2.2 platforms.

After that I mapped the 2 toolbar items in my Jubula script and created a test suite using the 4.3 platform. My the test cases of course used the key value supplied in the setData call.

Then I tried to execute the same Jubula test on 4.2 platform. The execution fails on the first toolbar item it encounters, stating Component Not Found Error !

I am starting to wonder if Jubula is meant to only test the same application on the same target only ! Is there a detail that escapes me ?

Thanks
Re: Object mappings accross AUTs/configurations [message #1077171 is a reply to message #1074370] Thu, 01 August 2013 10:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Alexandra Schladebeck is currently offline Alexandra SchladebeckFriend
Hi Guy,

Thanks for your feedback on this. As Achim mentioned, there are technical reasons for the differences - we actually use separate object mappings for our platform tests because we don't name the components in our test AUTs. However, the set name should work if you alter the configuration of the object recognition (it's one of the tabs in the object mapping editor). I wouldn't recommend choosing "Given names" because that would mean you'd have to name everything. However, you could increase the weight of the name to e.g. 85% so that your named things are above the threshold.

If you run into any further problems with this, let us know.
Alex
Re: Object mappings accross AUTs/configurations [message #1077573 is a reply to message #1077171] Thu, 01 August 2013 22:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I have changed the configuration of the object recognition to custom, with name weight at 90% and threshold at 85% but the execution is still the same behavior.
Re: Object mappings accross AUTs/configurations [message #1086377 is a reply to message #1077573] Wed, 14 August 2013 06:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi Guy,

Thanks for the update. Can you confirm whether this also affects components that aren't toolbar buttons (text fields)? It would be great if you could enter a ticket in the Jubula bugzilla for it where we can track information on it. Once there's a ticket, we can assign it to someone here to verify on our side. If you have an example application you're using, feel free to attach that as well.

Thanks for your assistance!
Alex
Re: Object mappings accross AUTs/configurations [message #1090097 is a reply to message #1086377] Mon, 19 August 2013 17:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ok, I have done just that:

https://bugs.eclipse.org/bugs/show_bug.cgi?id=415364
Re: Object mappings accross AUTs/configurations [message #1092099 is a reply to message #1090097] Thu, 22 August 2013 10:26 Go to previous message
Thanks!
Previous Topic:Automatically load test.xml into a database and execute it?
Next Topic:Importing booleans from Excel to Central Test Data
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Mar 29 00:17:54 GMT 2024