Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Archived » Hudson » Maven3 plugin and SVN
Maven3 plugin and SVN [message #1066757] Thu, 04 July 2013 08:59 Go to next message
Thomas Klinger is currently offline Thomas KlingerFriend
Hi there,

well, first of all, thanks for providing this forum. To be honest, I usually do not often work with Java or with Eclipse, but sometimes it's part of my job, so ... Smile

Currently I try to move our Hudson installation from an old Mac to a brandnew one. I did it by installing Glassfish 3.1.2.2 on the new one and inserted Hudson.war as application to it. Then I installed the same plugins on the fresh Hudson installation as we have it on the old one. Next step then was to somehow replicate the jobs we had on the previous Mac to the new one as well. Everything worked like a charm.

But now I'm stuck on the builds. One job checks out some sources from an SVN and then invokes the Marven3 plugin to build the app itself. Until that step everything works as usual, but whenever Marven is started, it requires a username/password to be able to login to our SVN.

That's actually weird, because I provided the correct credentials wherever it was required and even logged in to the SVN using the same user and configured Subversion in a way, that the password it stored locally as well. Nothing helps, no way to get that thing working.

org.tmatesoft.svn.core.SVNAuthenticationException: svn: E170001: Authentication required for '<svn://oursvnserver:3690>'

I actually have no clue anymore what to do. On the old server it was working perfectly.

Has someone some hints where to continue troubleshooting this?

Regards, Thomas
Re: Maven3 plugin and SVN [message #1066854 is a reply to message #1066757] Thu, 04 July 2013 18:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Bob Foster is currently offline Bob FosterFriend
Obvious question: Does the same sequence on the same machine Hudson runs on work with svn and maven 3 from the command line?
Re: Maven3 plugin and SVN [message #1066901 is a reply to message #1066854] Fri, 05 July 2013 06:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
k z is currently offline k zFriend
Are you sure you cached your SVN credentials for the user your Glassfish server is running under?
Re: Maven3 plugin and SVN [message #1066932 is a reply to message #1066901] Fri, 05 July 2013 08:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
@Bob: I tried to execute the same sequence from command line, indeed, but it actually fails because of some remote Husdon call. Seems that it has to be executed within Hudson.

@kz: I did. I stored the credentials. UNIX/Mac user is build, the one used to login is jenkins.

Weird is that it works smoothly on the older Hudson server on the other machine. I do not have any clue anymore. Sigh.

Anyway, I'll post more detailed logging later this day. Maybe this gives someone a hint.

Regards, Thomas
Re: Maven3 plugin and SVN [message #1066937 is a reply to message #1066932] Fri, 05 July 2013 08:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Here's some more detailed information:

[INFO] o.h.m.e.h.MavenExecutionResultHandler - Build failed with exception(s)
[INFO] o.h.m.e.h.MavenExecutionResultHandler - [1] org.apache.maven.lifecycle.LifecycleExecutionException: Failed to execute goal de.some.config.svn:somemerge_mvn:1.0-SNAPSHOT:merge (default-cli) on project somemerge_mergetest: org.tmatesoft.svn.core.SVNAuthenticationException: svn: E170001: Authentication required for '<svn://svn.server.local:3690> MAGNIFICO'
[DEBUG] Closing connection to remote
[ERROR] Failed to execute goal de.some.config.svn:somemerge_mvn:1.0-SNAPSHOT:merge (default-cli) on project somemerge_mergetest: org.tmatesoft.svn.core.SVNAuthenticationException: svn: E170001: Authentication required for '<svn://svn.server.local:3690> MAGNIFICO': de.some.config.svn.MergeException: org.tmatesoft.svn.core.SVNAuthenticationException: svn: E170001: Authentication required for '<svn://svn.server.local:3690> MAGNIFICO'
[ERROR] at de.some.config.svn.MergeTask.execute(MergeTask.java:68)
[ERROR] at de.some.config.svn.mvn.MergeTask.execute(MergeTask.java:60)
[ERROR] at org.apache.maven.plugin.DefaultBuildPluginManager.executeMojo(DefaultBuildPluginManager.java:101)
[ERROR] at org.apache.maven.lifecycle.internal.MojoExecutor.execute(MojoExecutor.java:209)
[ERROR] at org.apache.maven.lifecycle.internal.MojoExecutor.execute(MojoExecutor.java:153)
[ERROR] at org.apache.maven.lifecycle.internal.MojoExecutor.execute(MojoExecutor.java:145)
[ERROR] at org.apache.maven.lifecycle.internal.LifecycleModuleBuilder.buildProject(LifecycleModuleBuilder.java:84)
[ERROR] at org.apache.maven.lifecycle.internal.LifecycleModuleBuilder.buildProject(LifecycleModuleBuilder.java:59)
[ERROR] at org.apache.maven.lifecycle.internal.LifecycleStarter.singleThreadedBuild(LifecycleStarter.java:183)
[ERROR] at org.apache.maven.lifecycle.internal.LifecycleStarter.execute(LifecycleStarter.java:161)
[ERROR] at org.apache.maven.DefaultMaven.doExecute(DefaultMaven.java:319)
[ERROR] at org.apache.maven.DefaultMaven.execute(DefaultMaven.java:156)
[ERROR] at org.apache.maven.cli.MavenCli.execute(MavenCli.java:537)
[ERROR] at org.apache.maven.cli.MavenCli.doMain(MavenCli.java:196)
[ERROR] at org.apache.maven.cli.MavenCli.main(MavenCli.java:141)
[ERROR] at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
[ERROR] at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:39)
[ERROR] at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:25)
[ERROR] at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:597)
[ERROR] at org.codehaus.plexus.classworlds.launcher.Launcher.launchEnhanced(Launcher.java:290)
[ERROR] at org.codehaus.plexus.classworlds.launcher.Launcher.launch(Launcher.java:230)
[ERROR] at org.codehaus.plexus.classworlds.launcher.Launcher.mainWithExitCode(Launcher.java:409)
[ERROR] at org.codehaus.plexus.classworlds.launcher.Launcher.main(Launcher.java:352)
[ERROR] Caused by: org.tmatesoft.svn.core.SVNAuthenticationException: svn: E170001: Authentication required for '<svn://svn.server.local:3690> NORMAN'
[ERROR] at org.tmatesoft.svn.core.internal.wc.SVNErrorManager.authenticationFailed(SVNErrorManager.java:47)
[ERROR] at org.tmatesoft.svn.core.internal.wc.SVNErrorManager.authenticationFailed(SVNErrorManager.java:41)
[ERROR] at org.tmatesoft.svn.core.internal.wc.DefaultSVNAuthenticationManager.getFirstAuthentication(DefaultSVNAuthenticationManager.java:186)
[ERROR] at org.tmatesoft.svn.core.internal.io.svn.sasl.SVNSaslAuthenticator.createSaslClient(SVNSaslAuthenticator.java:306)
[ERROR] at org.tmatesoft.svn.core.internal.io.svn.sasl.SVNSaslAuthenticator.authenticate(SVNSaslAuthenticator.java:92)
[ERROR] at org.tmatesoft.svn.core.internal.io.svn.SVNConnection.authenticate(SVNConnection.java:194)
[ERROR] at org.tmatesoft.svn.core.internal.io.svn.SVNRepositoryImpl.authenticate(SVNRepositoryImpl.java:1275)
[ERROR] at org.tmatesoft.svn.core.internal.io.svn.SVNRepositoryImpl.openConnection(SVNRepositoryImpl.java:1253)
[ERROR] at org.tmatesoft.svn.core.internal.io.svn.SVNRepositoryImpl.getLatestRevision(SVNRepositoryImpl.java:168)
[ERROR] at de.some.config.svn.MergeUtils.mergeBranches(MergeUtils.java:145)
[ERROR] at de.some.config.svn.MergeTask.execute(MergeTask.java:65)
[ERROR] ... 22 more

This Hudson instance is running within a Glassfish server, user for server is build. User logged in to Hudson is also build. Credentials are given in the job definition for SVN as well and actually work, because some stuff is checked out from the SVN server before Maven3 is invoked. It's really strange that it happens only whenever Maven is executed.

Regards, Thomas
Re: Maven3 plugin and SVN [message #1066965 is a reply to message #1066937] Fri, 05 July 2013 09:24 Go to previous message
Found my solution, at least for SVN. The reason, why it did not work was, that the password was NOT saved in clear text. I tried to login again from command line to that SVN server and was always asked for the password again. Strange thing, I thought, moved .subversion to .subversion.bak and logged in to the SVN server again. Then he asked me with some warning if I'd like to store the password in clear text. I answered it with yes this time and see: it worked like a charm! Also with Hudson!

Weird is that on the old build server the password wasn't saved in clear text. Don't ask me why it works there.

Regards, Thomas
Previous Topic:Problem with JNA Native Support Plugin
Next Topic:M2 Release Plugin
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Wed Apr 24 14:38:16 GMT 2024