Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Language IDEs » ServerTools (WTP) » How do overlays in org.eclipse.wst.common.component work(How do overlays in org.eclipse.wst.common.component work)
How do overlays in org.eclipse.wst.common.component work [message #1066677] Wed, 03 July 2013 17:25 Go to next message
Wendy Haley is currently offline Wendy HaleyFriend
I noticed that m2e-wtp is adding a dependent-module with an overlay handle that points to a workspace project in the org.eclipse.wst.common.component settings file.

Example:
<dependent-module deploy-path="/" handle="module:/overlay/prj/mysmall-webapp?includes=**/**&amp;excludes=**/web.xml;**/*.xmi">
   <dependency-type>consumes</dependency-type>
</dependent-module>

I am unfamiliar with the contents of the org.eclipse.wst.common.component settings files. I am looking for documentation that describes which folders from mysmall-webapp will be copied over to tcserver / tomcat when I publish the war using this overlay. For example would files copied to the target folder be included. Any help would be appreciated.
Re: How do overlays in org.eclipse.wst.common.component work [message #1159136 is a reply to message #1066677] Mon, 28 October 2013 10:13 Go to previous message
gang ji is currently offline gang jiFriend
hi can u tell me where u find the documentation about that , im looking for that thx
Previous Topic:tomcat + dynamic web project
Next Topic:Extend Eclipse XML Editor's Design View
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 17:28:13 GMT 2024