Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Language IDEs » C / C++ IDE (CDT) » Boost with MinGW - Nothing to build(Problem building with boost)
Boost with MinGW - Nothing to build [message #1066421] Tue, 02 July 2013 15:23 Go to next message
Tom Schairer is currently offline Tom SchairerFriend
Hi all,

I've spent a couple of days on this now with absolutely no luck. Google as well as searching these forums does not seem to have a fix for my problem, or I'm missing something obvious.

Basically, when I build my program after having included boost_<modules>, CDT just spits out a "Info: Nothing to build for <program>"

First, I followed these directions to finally even get CDT and MinGW to work with boost. (I cannot post links with fewer than 5 posts, so it's the wxwidgets wiki)

Now that that is done, I can execute a build with no errors after cleaning, but then if I attempt to execute it or build it again I get the Info nothing to build response.

So here's my setup:

Since I can't post screenshots:
Libraries (-l)
mingw32
libboost_system-mgw47-mt-d-1_53
libboost_thread-mgw47-mt-d-1_53
(SDL Stuff)

Includes (-I)
"C:\MinGW\include\boost-1_53"
(SDL Stuff)

Using the MinGW GCC toolchain

And the output when building, then executing:

A bunch of stuff before this
g++ "-IC:\\MinGW\\include\\boost-1_53" "-IC:\\MinGW\\include\\SDL" -O0 -g3 -Wall -c -fmessage-length=0 -o "src\\World\\Zone.o" "..\\src\\World\\Zone.cpp" 
g++ -o RomperStomper.exe "src\\World\\Zone.o" "src\\World\\WorldLocation.o" "src\\Utilities\\WorldUtilities.o" "src\\Utilities\\SDLUtilities.o" "src\\Utilities\\MonsterUtilities.o" "src\\Utilities\\GeneralUtilities.o" "src\\Utilities\\EventHandler.o" "src\\Utilities\\CombatUtilities.o" "src\\Utilities\\CharacterUtilities.o" "src\\MonsterFactory\\MonsterFactory.o" "src\\Character\\Player\\Player.o" "src\\Character\\Monster\\MonsterClasses\\Troll.o" "src\\Character\\Monster\\MonsterClasses\\Boogalard.o" "src\\Character\\Monster\\Monster.o" "src\\Character\\Character.o" main.o -lmingw32 -llibboost_system-mgw47-mt-d-1_53 -llibboost_thread-mgw47-mt-d-1_53 -lSDLmain -lSDL -lSDL_image -lSDL_ttf -lSDL_mixer 

10:10:33 Build Finished (took 5s.693ms)

Info: Nothing to build for RomperStomper

This occurs AFTER I include the libboost_system-mgw47-mt-d-1_53 and libboost_thread-mgw47-mt-d-1_53 libraries. If I take those out, I get this error:

10:17:09 **** Incremental Build of configuration Debug for project RomperStomper ****
Info: Internal Builder is used for build
g++ -o RomperStomper.exe "src\\World\\Zone.o" "src\\World\\WorldLocation.o" "src\\Utilities\\WorldUtilities.o" "src\\Utilities\\SDLUtilities.o" "src\\Utilities\\MonsterUtilities.o" "src\\Utilities\\GeneralUtilities.o" "src\\Utilities\\EventHandler.o" "src\\Utilities\\CombatUtilities.o" "src\\Utilities\\CharacterUtilities.o" "src\\MonsterFactory\\MonsterFactory.o" "src\\Character\\Player\\Player.o" "src\\Character\\Monster\\MonsterClasses\\Troll.o" "src\\Character\\Monster\\MonsterClasses\\Boogalard.o" "src\\Character\\Monster\\Monster.o" "src\\Character\\Character.o" main.o -lmingw32 -lSDLmain -lSDL -lSDL_image -lSDL_ttf -lSDL_mixer 
main.o: In function `_static_initialization_and_destruction_0':
C:/MinGW/include/boost-1_53/boost/system/error_code.hpp:214: undefined reference to `boost::system::generic_category()'
C:/MinGW/include/boost-1_53/boost/system/error_code.hpp:215: undefined reference to `boost::system::generic_category()'
C:/MinGW/include/boost-1_53/boost/system/error_code.hpp:216: undefined reference to `boost::system::system_category()'
collect2.exe: error: ld returned 1 exit status

10:17:09 Build Finished (took 210ms)

Everything I can find for that error says to include the libraries, and doing that leaves me to the nothing to build error, and I'm guessing it's something really stupid because I cannot find a single solution for that problem.
Re: Boost with MinGW - Nothing to build [message #1066811 is a reply to message #1066421] Thu, 04 July 2013 13:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Axel Mueller is currently offline Axel MuellerFriend
What's your actual problem?
You build successfully and then you rebuild gain. What would you expect? If you change nothing then nothing will be rebuild.

Before you ask
- search this forum
- see the FAQ http://wiki.eclipse.org/CDT/User/FAQ
- google
Re: Boost with MinGW - Nothing to build [message #1066820 is a reply to message #1066811] Thu, 04 July 2013 14:06 Go to previous message
Tom Schairer is currently offline Tom SchairerFriend
Well, the problem is, it wouldn't run and wasn't spitting out errors, then I realized it was something stupid. Forgot to put .dll files with .exe
Previous Topic:Files to capture in version control
Next Topic:Eclipse SDK 3.72 - No bin file is generated on build
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 12:50:05 GMT 2024