Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » BPMN 2.0 Modeler » Subprocess reuse
Subprocess reuse [message #1066175] Mon, 01 July 2013 12:17 Go to next message
Hrvoje Krot is currently offline Hrvoje KrotFriend
Hi,

Process I'm trying to implement contains subprocesses which occur in different "places" in the process diagram. How can I "reuse" one "instance" of a subprocess and in that way avoid creating special subprocesses for each of these different places (occurences) of a subprocess.

I tried to first implement a subprocess with some name, and than give the same name to the same subprocess on a different location in the diagram, hoping to reuse subprocess implementation in the second case, but I didn't work that way.

Is there a way to realize this kind of "reuse"?
Re: Subprocess reuse [message #1066186 is a reply to message #1066175] Mon, 01 July 2013 13:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Robert Brodt is currently offline Robert BrodtFriend

The "Reusable Sub-Process" that was originally defined in BPMN 1.2 has been replaced by the "Call Activity" in BPMN 2.0. Call Activities act as wrappers for a Global Task or a Process. See section 10.2.6 of the BPMN 2.0 specification for details.
Re: Subprocess reuse [message #1066535 is a reply to message #1066175] Wed, 03 July 2013 04:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hrvoje Krot is currently offline Hrvoje KrotFriend
Is there a way to expand Call Activity's contents in order to see e.g. wrapped Process components? It seems like this feature currently does not work because when I click on the Call Activity component it does not expand its contents.
Re: Subprocess reuse [message #1066596 is a reply to message #1066535] Wed, 03 July 2013 11:15 Go to previous message
Robert Brodt is currently offline Robert BrodtFriend

This feature has not been implemented yet. One way to implement this would be to open an editor for the referenced Process, or the tab of the multipage editor that contains the Process if it is contained in the same file.

Also, the Call Activity is not being rendered properly: if the Call Activity references a Global Task, it should be decorated with the graphic for Global Task; if the called activity is a Process, it should contain the collapse/expand [+] icon.

Can you please open an enhancement request for this?

Thanks!
Bob
Previous Topic:extending the palette
Next Topic:Lane dimensions
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 19 09:41:40 GMT 2024