Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Standard Widget Toolkit (SWT) » Problem with "org.eclipse.swt.SWTError: No more handles"
Problem with "org.eclipse.swt.SWTError: No more handles" [message #1066125] Mon, 01 July 2013 07:03 Go to next message
hortiz Mising name is currently offline hortiz Mising nameFriend
Hi,

Sometimes I have the error "org.eclipse.swt.SWTError: No more handles", so I try to reduce the number of widgets in my SWT application.
I use a profiling tool to determine which widgets are currently used (I already know that I misuse some composites used as layout tool).

The first three classes (from package org.eclipse.swt.widgets) in term of instance count are:

- TypedListener
- Listener[ ]
- EventTable

My question is how can I reduce the number of instances of these classes ? Did I miss something in "Managing Operating System Resources" ?

Thanks !
Helene

Re: Problem with "org.eclipse.swt.SWTError: No more handles" [message #1066245 is a reply to message #1066125] Mon, 01 July 2013 17:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
li ran is currently offline li ranFriend
had the same problem, i restricted the number of open tab items to 20.
i also rewrote widgets complex views to canvas and paint on them

make sure you dispose widgets currectly.
check if call for the GC helps you.

that is all i could have tought about.
Re: Problem with "org.eclipse.swt.SWTError: No more handles" [message #1066910 is a reply to message #1066245] Fri, 05 July 2013 06:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
But you don't answer my question about TypedListener, Listener[] and EventTable.
Anyone else ?
Re: Problem with "org.eclipse.swt.SWTError: No more handles" [message #1066953 is a reply to message #1066125] Fri, 05 July 2013 08:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Mickael Istria is currently offline Mickael IstriaFriend

This probably means that you are keeping some handles for objects you
don't use any longer (think about the .dispose()) method/
You should use SLeak to track SWT handles leak:
http://eclipsesource.com/blogs/2009/04/17/finding-swt-leaks-with-sleak/
and then debug your code according to the leaks you noticed.

--
Mickael Istria
JBoss, by Red Hat
My blog: http://mickaelistria.wordpress.com
My Tweets: http://twitter.com/mickaelistria
Re: Problem with "org.eclipse.swt.SWTError: No more handles" [message #1066964 is a reply to message #1066953] Fri, 05 July 2013 09:18 Go to previous message
Thanks for your answer Mickael, I have already used Sleak and I don't have any problems with fonts, colors, images and cursors.
I thought that I properly used the dispose method, that's why I'm wondering about these three classes...

Previous Topic:Where is the information what key has been pressed
Next Topic:Why do newly created elements in a Java SWT Selection listener not get displayed/trigger a paint eve
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Apr 23 13:16:51 GMT 2024