Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Archived » BIRT » Java Heap error in Eclipse Report Design
Java Heap error in Eclipse Report Design [message #1065930] Fri, 28 June 2013 11:26 Go to next message
ILya Cyclone is currently offline ILya CycloneFriend
Hello.
I'm currently expiriencing Java Heap Size error while trying to build a report in Eclipse.
I have an SQL query which is... I wouldn't say it is really large, but it isn't small.
First of all I couldn't create it norally in Eclipse Report Design always getting an error. So I created "Select '' as NAME, ... from dual' data set and modified the query in XML directly.

But when I try to view the report in Eclipse I get the error again.

HTTP ERROR: 500
Problem accessing /viewer/preview. Reason:

Java heap space

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Powered by Jetty://

Ok, I need to put some Java parameters... But where to put them?
Modifying eclipse.ini didn't help.

Need an advice. Thanks.
BIRT 4.2
Re: Java Heap error in Eclipse Report Design [message #1065958 is a reply to message #1065930] Fri, 28 June 2013 13:26 Go to previous message
birt user is currently offline birt userFriend
Eclipse.ini would be the correct file to modify. Did you add the following parameter and restart BIRT?
-Xmx1500m
Note that you can change 1500 MB (1.5 GB) to whatever amount of RAM you want to allocate to BIRT. The default is something like 512 MB.

You also might want to look at your dataset query result size. If you have a cartesian product or some really large resultset (like 800 million records), you might want to revise your query instead of increasing the RAM allocation.

[Updated on: Fri, 28 June 2013 13:26]

Report message to a moderator

Previous Topic:error occurred when getting the save stream
Next Topic:BIRT Cross Tab - Columns shrink while exporting to HTML format
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 18:02:30 GMT 2024