Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Newcomers » Newcomers » Cannot Drag and Drop from Windows to IDE Navigator
Cannot Drag and Drop from Windows to IDE Navigator [message #1065814] Thu, 27 June 2013 14:59 Go to next message
Absurd Ninja is currently offline Absurd NinjaFriend
I have been dragging and dropping from Windows Explorer to Eclipse since I've started using it, and now find myself unable to do so. Does anyone know why this would stop working, and/or a way do enable/disable this?

I get a circle with a line through it dragging any files from windows explorer into Eclipse's Navigator or Package Explorer, such as when I drag an mp3 or png file to an assets folder. The "invalid" icon appears as soon as I get my mouse over the Eclipse IDE and releasing the mouse button does nothing.

I know I can work around this by manually copying files and so forth, but I'd like the convenience back.

Thanks.
Re: Cannot Drag and Drop from Windows to IDE Navigator [message #1066004 is a reply to message #1065814] Fri, 28 June 2013 19:20 Go to previous message
Absurd Ninja is currently offline Absurd NinjaFriend
Just playing around with this and I noticed that I can still drag-and-drop between projects in eclipse, and I can drag-and-drop from the Navigator/Package Explorer in eclipse to Windows Explorer, just not the other way around. I don't know if that will ring any bells for anyone, but I thought it would be good to mention it.

Thanks.
Previous Topic:WindowBuilder in Eclipse Juno
Next Topic:Build Social media
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 08:07:53 GMT 2024