Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » EclipseLink » Predeployment of PersistenceUnit [. . .] failed
Predeployment of PersistenceUnit [. . .] failed [message #1065806] Thu, 27 June 2013 14:29 Go to next message
Hannes Kühtreiber is currently offline Hannes KühtreiberFriend
Hello everybody,

I am fairly new to EclipseLink and I try to complete a mapping consisting of several orm.xml files.

after adding one more mapping file to the persistence.xml, I get the following exception:
Exception in thread "main" Local Exception Stack: 
Exception [EclipseLink-30005] (Eclipse Persistence Services - 2.5.0.v20130507-3faac2b): org.eclipse.persistence.exceptions.PersistenceUnitLoadingException
Exception Description: An exception was thrown while searching for persistence archives with ClassLoader: sun.misc.Launcher$AppClassLoader@11b86e7
Internal Exception: javax.persistence.PersistenceException: Exception [EclipseLink-28018] (Eclipse Persistence Services - 2.5.0.v20130507-3faac2b): org.eclipse.persistence.exceptions.EntityManagerSetupException
Exception Description: Predeployment of PersistenceUnit [EclipseLinkTest] failed.
Internal Exception: java.lang.NullPointerException
	at org.eclipse.persistence.exceptions.PersistenceUnitLoadingException.exceptionSearchingForPersistenceResources(PersistenceUnitLoadingException.java:127)
	at org.eclipse.persistence.jpa.PersistenceProvider.createEntityManagerFactoryImpl(PersistenceProvider.java:107)
	at org.eclipse.persistence.jpa.PersistenceProvider.createEntityManagerFactory(PersistenceProvider.java:177)
	at javax.persistence.Persistence.createEntityManagerFactory(Persistence.java:79)
	at javax.persistence.Persistence.createEntityManagerFactory(Persistence.java:54)
	at controller.Test_Biooffice_Classes_old.test_contact(Test_Biooffice_Classes_old.java:114)
	at controller.Test_Biooffice_Classes_old.main(Test_Biooffice_Classes_old.java:34)
Caused by: javax.persistence.PersistenceException: Exception [EclipseLink-28018] (Eclipse Persistence Services - 2.5.0.v20130507-3faac2b): org.eclipse.persistence.exceptions.EntityManagerSetupException
Exception Description: Predeployment of PersistenceUnit [EclipseLinkTest] failed.
	at org.eclipse.persistence.internal.jpa.EntityManagerSetupImpl.createPredeployFailedPersistenceException(EntityManagerSetupImpl.java:1950)
	at org.eclipse.persistence.internal.jpa.EntityManagerSetupImpl.predeploy(EntityManagerSetupImpl.java:1941)
	at org.eclipse.persistence.internal.jpa.deployment.JPAInitializer.callPredeploy(JPAInitializer.java:98)
	at org.eclipse.persistence.jpa.PersistenceProvider.createEntityManagerFactoryImpl(PersistenceProvider.java:96)
	... 5 more
Caused by: Exception [EclipseLink-28018] (Eclipse Persistence Services - 2.5.0.v20130507-3faac2b): org.eclipse.persistence.exceptions.EntityManagerSetupException
	at org.eclipse.persistence.exceptions.EntityManagerSetupException.predeployFailed(EntityManagerSetupException.java:230)
	... 9 more
Caused by: java.lang.NullPointerException
	at org.eclipse.persistence.internal.jpa.metadata.MetadataDescriptor.setJavaClass(MetadataDescriptor.java:1775)
	at org.eclipse.persistence.internal.jpa.metadata.MetadataDescriptor.<init>(MetadataDescriptor.java:287)
	at org.eclipse.persistence.internal.jpa.metadata.MetadataDescriptor.<init>(MetadataDescriptor.java:294)
	at org.eclipse.persistence.internal.jpa.metadata.xml.XMLEntityMappings.initPersistenceUnitClasses(XMLEntityMappings.java:581)
	at org.eclipse.persistence.internal.jpa.metadata.MetadataProcessor.initPersistenceUnitClasses(MetadataProcessor.java:295)
	at org.eclipse.persistence.internal.jpa.metadata.MetadataProcessor.processEntityMappings(MetadataProcessor.java:559)
	at org.eclipse.persistence.internal.jpa.deployment.PersistenceUnitProcessor.processORMetadata(PersistenceUnitProcessor.java:581)
	at org.eclipse.persistence.internal.jpa.EntityManagerSetupImpl.predeploy(EntityManagerSetupImpl.java:1865)
	... 7 more

I also had minor problems with the previous mappings, but the previous error messages contained some hints what was wrong.

But this time I cannot pin it down - any Idea would be very helpful!!
pretty desperate by now!
Hannes

Should I post the mapping? I am afraid it is fairly long ...
Re: Predeployment of PersistenceUnit [message #1065899 is a reply to message #1065806] Fri, 28 June 2013 08:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hannes Kühtreiber is currently offline Hannes KühtreiberFriend
well, figured this one out myself. Embarrassing but interesting at the same time, so for the benefit of someone who might have the same problem:

It was a typo in the class name:
wrong:
<orm:entity class="lumo.core.biooffice.Impl.TaxonImpl" name="Taxon">
correct:
<orm:entity class="lumo.core.biooffice.impl.TaxonImpl" name="Taxon">

just a case of Uppercase '.Impl.' versus Lowercase '.impl.'

The interesting bit is that if the class is totally wrong there is some form of (albeit misleading *) explanation in the error message, but in this case it was totally unspecific.

cheers
Hannes

(* if eclipselink cannot find the class it complains it cannot find the getter of the first attribute it comes across. but thats close enough Wink

[Updated on: Fri, 28 June 2013 08:33]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Predeployment of PersistenceUnit [message #1066634 is a reply to message #1065899] Wed, 03 July 2013 14:06 Go to previous message
James Sutherland is currently offline James SutherlandFriend

Please log a bug, a better exception should occur than a null-pointer.

James : Wiki : Book : Blog : Twitter
Previous Topic:How to customize the update query?
Next Topic:missing Embeddable
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Apr 23 16:15:28 GMT 2024