Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Archived » Jubula » Kepler, Jubula and GUIdancer Standalones, and new Testing Portal
Kepler, Jubula and GUIdancer Standalones, and new Testing Portal [message #1065686] Thu, 27 June 2013 07:22 Go to next message
Alexandra Schladebeck is currently offline Alexandra SchladebeckFriend
Hi everyone!

As you will probably know, Kepler was released yesterday Smile The Jubula Feature was once again part of the release train, and we've also released version 7.1 of the Jubula and GUIdancer standalones - which are now feature identical.

To round off our release week, we've also released our new Testing Resources Portal - a place for information on Jubula and GUIdancer, downloads of the software, FAQs, examples, and information on support / training. The forum remains the place to ask your questions to the community Wink

More information on all these releases is in:
- the what's new page
- the BREDEX news
- our blog entry

The Testing Resources Portal is at: http://testing.bredex.de

As always, we look forward to your feedback! Happy testing Smile

Alex
Re: Kepler, Jubula and GUIdancer Standalones, and new Testing Portal [message #1066105 is a reply to message #1065686] Sun, 30 June 2013 18:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Leto Baxevanaki is currently offline Leto BaxevanakiFriend
I have downloaded the newest Jubula standalone and I must say that it is a quite impressive tool.

I am evaluating several test automation tools in on order to select a test platform to build UI functional tests for a web application developed with RAP. This application is being now upgraded to RAP 2.1.

Therefore, I would like to ask whether jubula provides support for testing web applications developed with RAP 2.1. If yes, are there any instructions that could help me write some tests in order to evaluate it?

Unfortunately the information I have found on this topic is very few.

Thank you in advance for your help.
Re: Kepler, Jubula and GUIdancer Standalones, and new Testing Portal [message #1066200 is a reply to message #1066105] Mon, 01 July 2013 14:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi Leto,

Thanks for your comment. RAP testing is not supported I'm afraid. We did look into it, but simply ran out of time. If enough of the community / enough companies are willing to sponsor / assist, then it's definitely something we could talk about.

HTH,
Alex
Re: Kepler, Jubula and GUIdancer Standalones, and new Testing Portal [message #1066939 is a reply to message #1066200] Fri, 05 July 2013 08:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Juliane Gambke is currently offline Juliane GambkeFriend
Hey there!

I've been testing rcp applications in the past using Jubula. It worked like a charm and I'm really glad Jubula's around.

I have a question concerning Jubula support for Netbeans RCP applications. I've searched a lot and couldn't find anything which is why I ended up here.

So my question is: can Jubula be used for gui testing of Netbeans RCP applications?

Thanks a lot
Juliane
Re: Kepler, Jubula and GUIdancer Standalones, and new Testing Portal [message #1067267 is a reply to message #1066939] Mon, 08 July 2013 07:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi,

I have a vague recollection that there was a problem with that kind of an application, but many things may have changed since then Wink I'll ask the team.

Best regards,
Alex
Re: Kepler, Jubula and GUIdancer Standalones, and new Testing Portal [message #1067306 is a reply to message #1067267] Mon, 08 July 2013 09:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi Juliane,

I checked, and my gut instinct was correct: when we last tried netbeans, it didn't work. Since the GUI is Swing, it wouldn't be a new toolkit, but it would involve us adding support for the startup mechanism for netbeans RCP AUTs.

The information is indeed somewhat old - there's nothing to stop you trying it out, though I doubt that it will have magically got fixed Wink If you want the team to implement the support for you, get in touch.

Best regards,
Alex
Re: Kepler, Jubula and GUIdancer Standalones, and new Testing Portal [message #1759198 is a reply to message #1067306] Fri, 07 April 2017 14:57 Go to previous message
jay xac is currently offline jay xacFriend
Hi Alex

I know this is an old form post, but even in 2017 it is pretty valid !

I was wondering if Netbeans RCP testing has gotten any better with Jubula or if you have any plans to support in the future ?

Jay
Previous Topic:About java.awt.Robot for Jubula
Next Topic:How to save a PDF file opened in Adobe reader in some other location
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 18 03:54:40 GMT 2024