Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Language IDEs » AspectJ » Where do I configure which jars AJDT uses inside eclipse?
Where do I configure which jars AJDT uses inside eclipse? [message #1065553] Wed, 26 June 2013 13:29 Go to next message
Missing name Mising name is currently offline Missing name Mising nameFriend
Hi, I have my aspectjtools.jar in a custom location but when I want to delete it, it says "The action can't be completed because the file is open in Java(TM) Platform SE binary.
When I close Eclipse, I can delete it. But I don't remember ever configuring Eclipse to use this aspectjtools.jar. In fact, I don't think I'm using it at all?
Who is using that file / where do I configure which jars AJDT uses inside eclipse?

[Updated on: Wed, 26 June 2013 13:57]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Where do I configure which jars AJDT uses inside eclipse? [message #1065615 is a reply to message #1065553] Wed, 26 June 2013 16:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Andrew Eisenberg is currently offline Andrew EisenbergFriend
It's likely that you are using the aspectjtools.jar in one of your projects' classpath. As long as the project is open in Eclipse and it is on the classpath, windows will lock the file. So, if you want to delete the jar, then you must do one of 3 things:

1. shut down eclipse
2. close the project(s)
3. change the project(s) classpath to remove the jar
Re: Where do I configure which jars AJDT uses inside eclipse? [message #1065890 is a reply to message #1065615] Fri, 28 June 2013 07:24 Go to previous message
Missing name Mising name is currently offline Missing name Mising nameFriend
Aspectjtools.jar is not on any classpath, and besides, I can delete aspectjrt.jar just fine and that one IS on a project classpath. It must be some kind of setting in eclipse that is causing this.
Previous Topic:java.io.FileNotFoundException: /aspectjweaver.jar
Next Topic:Jubula not working
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 21:14:51 GMT 2024