Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » BPMN 2.0 Modeler » DiagramComposite displaying a BPMN2 model
DiagramComposite displaying a BPMN2 model [message #1065512] Wed, 26 June 2013 09:11 Go to next message
Olivier Melois is currently offline Olivier MeloisFriend
Hi everyone,

I'm trying to develop a DiagramComposite that allows the display a BPMN2 model. Now, I've dived deep in the code of the BPMN2 editor, and it cannot be used easily (as the part that transforms a BPMN2Diagram element into a graphiti Diagram object makes lots of assumptions about being in a BPMN2Editor).

Some refactoring should be done, obviously, but I don't have time to do it myself and even simply copying some code to get a result in a DiagramComposite is overwhelming (damn you, unchecked casts).

Has anyone coded such a diagram composite before ? Any idea how I could do this simply, and avoid duplicating thousand lines of code?

Thank you Smile
Re: DiagramComposite displaying a BPMN2 model [message #1065568 is a reply to message #1065512] Wed, 26 June 2013 14:17 Go to previous message
Robert Brodt is currently offline Robert BrodtFriend

Hi Olivier,

The bulk of the BPMN2 Modeler was developed before graphiti introduced the concept of a IDiagramContainer (which makes it possible to implement a graphical viewer/composite) and this was one of the biggest issues migrating the editor from graphiti 0.9.2 to 0.10.0. Yes, the code needs to be refactored, but we also need to maintain compatibility for graphiti 0.9.2 and juno. We already have three separate code branches for each of the different versions of graphiti (although the helios version of the editor will remain at 0.2.5, as this is no longer being kept up-to-date because we simply don't have the time Sad ). This means there's going to be an even larger diversion of the juno and kepler code branches and it's going to become even more difficult to keep merging bug fixes.

Currently I'm the only one working on this project and there is still quite a bit of work for new features and bug fixes, so if you or anyone else out there has some spare cycles to donate to the cause, I'd be grateful Wink

Bob
Previous Topic:import BPMN2.0 file in the JBPM eclipse editor
Next Topic:BPMN2 process Editor To Bpmn2 Diagram Editor, Muti-instnce sub process
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 19 16:50:05 GMT 2024