Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Modeling » EMF » [Compare] Where did class MatchService go in EMF Compare 2.1?
[Compare] Where did class MatchService go in EMF Compare 2.1? [message #1065492] Wed, 26 June 2013 05:41 Go to next message
Mirko Seifert is currently offline Mirko SeifertFriend
Hi,

I've just updated to Kepler and installed EMF Compare 2.1.0. The plugin 'org.eclipse.emf.compare' has version 3.0.0.201306041352.

Now some of my code that uses EMFCompare does not compile anymore. For starters, class MatchService cannot be found anymore. I also recognized that the plugins 'org.eclipse.emf.compare.diff' and 'org.eclipse.emf.compare.match' are not available anymore.

The documentation for EMF Compare available from Eclipse also says that one can use MatchService to compare models. Is the documentation out of date or am I missing something?

Any help is very much appreciated.

Best regards,

Mirko
Re: [Compare] Where did class MatchService go in EMF Compare 2.1? [message #1065502 is a reply to message #1065492] Wed, 26 June 2013 07:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Jan Reimann is currently offline Jan ReimannFriend
Hi Mirko,
maybe this helps:
http://wiki.eclipse.org/EMF_Compare/Developer_Guide#Putting_it_all_together

best regards,
Jan

Mirko Seifert wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I've just updated to Kepler and installed EMF Compare 2.1.0. The plugin
> 'org.eclipse.emf.compare' has version 3.0.0.201306041352.
>
> Now some of my code that uses EMFCompare does not compile anymore. For
> starters, class MatchService cannot be found anymore. I also recognized
> that the plugins 'org.eclipse.emf.compare.diff' and
> 'org.eclipse.emf.compare.match' are not available anymore.
>
> The documentation for EMF Compare available from Eclipse also says that
> one can use MatchService to compare models. Is the documentation out of
> date or am I missing something?
>
> Any help is very much appreciated.
>
> Best regards,
>
> Mirko
Re: [Compare] Where did class MatchService go in EMF Compare 2.1? [message #1065506 is a reply to message #1065502] Wed, 26 June 2013 08:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Thanks! That helped indeed. The code snippet contained a bug, which I fixed now.
Re: [Compare] Where did class MatchService go in EMF Compare 2.1? [message #1066336 is a reply to message #1065506] Tue, 02 July 2013 08:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Laurent Goubet is currently offline Laurent GoubetFriend
Mirko,

The EMF Compare documentation included into Eclipse and the help center is not up to date yet. The wiki pointed out by Jan is the best place to look for help at the moment. That said, could you tell us which code snippet "contained a bug" ? Was it something you found on the wiki, or was it your previous code?

Laurent Goubet
Obeo
Re: [Compare] Where did class MatchService go in EMF Compare 2.1? [message #1066369 is a reply to message #1066336] Tue, 02 July 2013 11:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
It was the code snippet in the wiki that contained a compilation error. One of the variable names was wrong. I've fixed the problem already (see Wiki history).

Cheers,

Mirko
Re: [Compare] Where did class MatchService go in EMF Compare 2.1? [message #1069583 is a reply to message #1066369] Tue, 16 July 2013 07:25 Go to previous message
Laurent Goubet is currently offline Laurent GoubetFriend
Mirko,

Just saw the change you made on the wiki, thanks for catching that Smile.

Laurent Goubet
Obeo
Previous Topic:[CDO] Factory not found: org.eclipse.emf.cdo.server.queryHandlerFactories[ocl]
Next Topic:[EMF & CDO] Re-implementing EObject classes in Scala as traits/mixins
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Apr 16 10:32:19 GMT 2024