Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Virgo » Update bundles mentioned in plan file
Update bundles mentioned in plan file [message #1065450] Tue, 25 June 2013 18:15 Go to next message
venki j is currently offline venki jFriend
Hi All,

We have a set of bundles which are organized as part of the plan file. The bundles reside under /repository/usr and plan under pickup directory in virgo 3.5.0.

I am looking for options to update one of the bundle(s) mentioned in the plan file without the need to restart the plan file.

Thank you.
Re: Update bundles mentioned in plan file [message #1065452 is a reply to message #1065450] Tue, 25 June 2013 18:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Violeta Georgieva is currently offline Violeta GeorgievaFriend
Quote:
For watched repositories, such as $SERVER_HOME/repository/usr, Virgo automatically detects changes at runtime, thereby avoiding the need to restart Virgo.

http://eclipse.org/virgo/documentation/virgo-documentation-3.6.2.RELEASE/docs/virgo-user-guide/htmlsingle/virgo-user-guide.html#repository-introduction -> Chapter "Installing Artifacts to a Repository"
Re: Update bundles mentioned in plan file [message #1065643 is a reply to message #1065452] Wed, 26 June 2013 20:56 Go to previous message
venki j is currently offline venki jFriend
Thank you. I went through the link.

Under the section *Watched Repositories*, I see the following:
Changes detected by re-scanning are reflected in the repository content. Note that changing the content of a watched repository does not cause artifacts to be deployed into Virgo, refreshed, or undeployed.

So if I update the bundle in watched repository , virgo is *not* going to refresh it. How will I get virgo to update the bundle?
Previous Topic:Virgo 3.6.2 Release
Next Topic:Does Virgo Jetty have support for the Jetty Maven plugin?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Mar 29 06:15:42 GMT 2024