Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Language IDEs » C / C++ IDE (CDT) » Indexer doesn't recognize #ifdef after compilation
Indexer doesn't recognize #ifdef after compilation [message #1065320] Tue, 25 June 2013 10:16 Go to next message
Ricardo Filipe is currently offline Ricardo FilipeFriend
Hello,

I am compiling a project in Juno 4.2.2 where i have some #ifdefs defined at compile time.
The project compiles and runs successfully, but the activated #ifdefs remain greyed out in the code editor and i get unresolved conflicts because the functions inside the #ifdef are not accessed by the indexer.

If i add the #ifdef symbol to the indexer, the problem is solved, but in previous versions of eclipse these symbols were added after compiling...

Was there any change? Or something else i can do to have that behaviour again?
Re: Indexer doesn't recognize #ifdef after compilation [message #1065530 is a reply to message #1065320] Wed, 26 June 2013 11:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Axel Mueller is currently offline Axel MuellerFriend
In Project Properties->C/C++ General->Preprocessor Includes.. do you have the "GCC Build Output Parser" provider enabled?

Before you ask
- search this forum
- see the FAQ http://wiki.eclipse.org/CDT/User/FAQ
- google
Re: Indexer doesn't recognize #ifdef after compilation [message #1065533 is a reply to message #1065530] Wed, 26 June 2013 11:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yes. Those are all the default settings.
Re: Indexer doesn't recognize #ifdef after compilation [message #1065948 is a reply to message #1065533] Fri, 28 June 2013 12:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Maybe something that can help you help me, i have two folders with source code that share some of the symbols.
in one of them the symbols passed through the makefile are recognized by the indexer, in the other folder they are not.
Re: Indexer doesn't recognize #ifdef after compilation [message #1066134 is a reply to message #1065948] Mon, 01 July 2013 08:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Axel Mueller is currently offline Axel MuellerFriend
Ricardo Filipe wrote on Fri, 28 June 2013 14:56
Maybe something that can help you help me, i have two folders with source code that share some of the symbols.
in one of them the symbols passed through the makefile are recognized by the indexer, in the other folder they are not.

Are both folders part of the same project?

Before you ask
- search this forum
- see the FAQ http://wiki.eclipse.org/CDT/User/FAQ
- google
Re: Indexer doesn't recognize #ifdef after compilation [message #1124586 is a reply to message #1066134] Thu, 03 October 2013 17:44 Go to previous message
Sorry for ressurecting this thread, but I have the same problem with the same project now that I have updated to kepler. I had included the most important symbols previously, hence i didn't followup the thread, but my mind does not rest while this problem still exists.

To answer your question: Yes, both folders are from the same project.
Furthermore, on a same folder, some files have the gcc build output parser work and give them the symbols, while others don't. I can notice that most of the files that have the symbols are .cc ones, while no .h being compiled has symbols added by BOP.
Previous Topic:Indexing Enumerations with #includes
Next Topic:executable dll dependancy on other PC
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 19 08:14:26 GMT 2024