Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Modeling » Graphiti » synchronize between diagrams
synchronize between diagrams [message #1065091] Mon, 24 June 2013 10:37 Go to next message
abdallah Q is currently offline abdallah QFriend
Hi,

i'm working on a Graphiti based project. now what am trying to do is to synchronize between two diagrams (what do i mean? what i mean is in case i have two diagrams one of them is the top level diagram which has an element that navigate to the 2nd diagram .the 2nd diagram contains same ports that connected to the parent-element which we used to navigate to the 2nd diagram)

i can imagen how it should works but till now i couldn't find the right place for the execute function that is responsible of creating the ports at the 2nd level based on the ports that are connected to the parent element at the top-level diagram. any idea?

please, if you have any idea about how it should be done or any suggestions share it with me Smile

Re: synchronize between diagrams [message #1065134 is a reply to message #1065091] Mon, 24 June 2013 13:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Albert Hofkamp is currently offline Albert HofkampFriend
I would expect that the Update feature would handle such things.
Re: synchronize between diagrams [message #1065286 is a reply to message #1065134] Tue, 25 June 2013 08:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Michael Wenz is currently offline Michael WenzFriend
Abdallah,

what Albert wrote is in principle true, but only after saving the first
diagram, the second would be updated.

An alternative would be to use the same editing domain in both editors, have
you thought about that?

Michael
Re: synchronize between diagrams [message #1065575 is a reply to message #1065286] Wed, 26 June 2013 14:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Michael,

first of all thank you all for your help I really appreciate it. I tried the update feature and somehow it covers the getchildren() feature but not the element creation. Till now I don't know how to create the port at the 2nd diagram. I couldn't implement it inside the update feature because I don't know the right way to do it. how can I force the 2nd diagram to create (synchronise) the children port elements when ever the user opens the 2nd diagram?

Abdallah
Re: synchronize between diagrams [message #1065922 is a reply to message #1065575] Fri, 28 June 2013 10:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Abdallah,

well, in that case I guess a part of the update would be the creation of the
missing parts as well. You could try to reuse some parts of your add feature
functionality here.

Michael
Re: synchronize between diagrams [message #1065947 is a reply to message #1065922] Fri, 28 June 2013 12:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Michael,

ya i tried it but, but i need the Icontext object so i can use those parts . i couldn't find out how to create this new object so i can use it, is there any specific code that can help me?

Abdallah
Re: synchronize between diagrams [message #1066326 is a reply to message #1065947] Tue, 02 July 2013 08:06 Go to previous message
Abdallah,

you can simply create the context objects yourself by calling the
constructor (e.g. new AddContext(...), new UpdateContext(...)) and fill in
the information you need (e.g. location of object).

Michael
Previous Topic:Deleting pictogram elements is slow
Next Topic:is it possible to hatch a rectangle?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Wed Apr 24 22:43:45 GMT 2024