Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Eclipse 4 » Eclipse Kepler constantly freezes
Eclipse Kepler constantly freezes [message #1064863] Fri, 21 June 2013 13:05 Go to next message
Matt Saint is currently offline Matt SaintFriend
Hi everyone. I have another thread around here somewhere regarding missing project files. I have solved that issue, but am now having trouble with the IDE itself. I have all of my projects, which include many .java and .jsp files, but every time I try to open up Eclipse, it freezes and does not respond for ~20 minutes, if at all. I am using Eclipse Kepler at work, so this issue is causing me to lose a lot of work time. Here are the contents of the error log:

Quote:
!SESSION 2013-06-21 08:45:02.673 -----------------------------------------------
eclipse.buildId=4.3.0.I20130516-2200
java.version=1.7.0_21
java.vendor=Oracle Corporation
BootLoader constants: OS=win32, ARCH=x86_64, WS=win32, NL=en_US
Framework arguments: -product org.eclipse.epp.package.dsl.product
Command-line arguments: -os win32 -ws win32 -arch x86_64 -product org.eclipse.epp.package.dsl.product

!ENTRY org.eclipse.core.resources 2 10035 2013-06-21 08:45:05.179
!MESSAGE The workspace exited with unsaved changes in the previous session; refreshing workspace to recover changes.

!ENTRY org.eclipse.jface 2 0 2013-06-21 08:45:11.308
!MESSAGE Keybinding conflicts occurred. They may interfere with normal accelerator operation.
!SUBENTRY 1 org.eclipse.jface 2 0 2013-06-21 08:45:11.308
!MESSAGE A conflict occurred for ALT+SHIFT+D R:
Binding(ALT+SHIFT+D R,
ParameterizedCommand(Command(org.eclipse.rap.ui.launch.RAPLaunchShortcut.debug,Debug RAP Application,
Debug RAP Application,
Category(org.eclipse.debug.ui.category.run,Run/Debug,Run/Debug command category,true),
org.eclipse.ui.internal.WorkbenchHandlerServiceHandler@24ff4207,
,,true),null),
org.eclipse.ui.defaultAcceleratorConfiguration,
org.eclipse.ui.contexts.window,,,system)
Binding(ALT+SHIFT+D R,
ParameterizedCommand(Command(org.eclipse.wst.server.launchShortcut.debug,Debug on Server,
Debug the current selection on a server,
Category(org.eclipse.debug.ui.category.run,Run/Debug,Run/Debug command category,true),
org.eclipse.ui.internal.WorkbenchHandlerServiceHandler@7247ec8a,
,,true),null),
!MESSAGE A conflict occurred for ALT+SHIFT+X R:
Binding(ALT+SHIFT+X R,
ParameterizedCommand(Command(org.eclipse.rap.ui.launch.RAPLaunchShortcut.run,Run RAP Application,
Run RAP Application,
org.eclipse.ui.internal.WorkbenchHandlerServiceHandler@4ffa92a3,
,,true),null),
Binding(ALT+SHIFT+X R,
ParameterizedCommand(Command(org.eclipse.wst.server.launchShortcut.run,Run on Server,
Run the current selection on a server,
org.eclipse.ui.internal.WorkbenchHandlerServiceHandler@4bb1345a,
,,true),null),
!MESSAGE A conflict occurred for ALT+SHIFT+Q E:
Binding(ALT+SHIFT+Q E,
ParameterizedCommand(Command(org.eclipse.php.ui.explorer,PHP Script Explorer,
Shows the Script Explorer,
Category(org.eclipse.ui.category.views,Views,Commands for opening views,true),
org.eclipse.ui.internal.WorkbenchHandlerServiceHandler@5ee42788,
,,true),null),
Binding(ALT+SHIFT+Q E,
ParameterizedCommand(Command(org.eclipse.ui.views.showView,Show View,
Shows a particular view,
Category(org.eclipse.ui.category.views,Views,Commands for opening views,true),
org.eclipse.ui.internal.WorkbenchHandlerServiceHandler@54df8263,
[Lorg.eclipse.e4.ui.internal.workbench.Parameter;@1de95d1d,,true),[Lorg.eclipse.core.commands.Parameterization;@43e02a42),

!ENTRY org.eclipse.jst.jsp.core 4 4 2013-06-21 08:45:13.575
!MESSAGE A workspace crash was detected. The previous session did not exit normally. Not using saved taglib indexes.

!ENTRY org.eclipse.egit.ui 2 0 2013-06-21 08:46:06.806
!MESSAGE Warning: EGit couldn't detect the installation path "gitPrefix" of native Git. Hence EGit can't respect system level
Git settings which might be configured in ${gitPrefix}/etc/gitconfig under the native Git installation directory.
The most important of these settings is core.autocrlf. Git for Windows by default sets this parameter to true in
this system level configuration. The Git installation location can be configured on the
Team > Git > Configuration preference page's 'System Settings' tab.
This warning can be switched off on the Team > Git > Confirmations and Warnings preference page.

I'm wondering what the !MESSAGE Warning: means, and/or how to fix it. This is the most recent session, I have tried closing and opening several times. It seems it's impossible to exit the program normally, it freezes up and turns white any time I try to click on anything. The only way to exit is to kill it from the task manager. I think Juno had a similar problem.

I'm using Windows 7 by the way.

Any help would be appreciated!
Re: Eclipse Kepler constantly freezes [message #1064871 is a reply to message #1064863] Fri, 21 June 2013 13:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Eclipse UserFriend
Does it happen with another new workspace? If you can reproduce this every time you start Eclipse please file a bug on https://bugs.eclipse.org/bugs/enter_bug.cgi?product=Platform&component=UI
Re: Eclipse Kepler constantly freezes [message #1064875 is a reply to message #1064871] Fri, 21 June 2013 13:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Eric Moffatt is currently offline Eric MoffattFriend
If you can get it up (with an empty workspace?) then you may also want to see if eliminating the KeyBinding conflicts helps. It's possible that one or the other of the bundles that contributes them goes cyclical trying to resolve which one should be 'active'.
Re: Eclipse Kepler constantly freezes [message #1064955 is a reply to message #1064875] Fri, 21 June 2013 21:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Matt Saint is currently offline Matt SaintFriend
Hi everyone.

This was happening for my first workspace, so I renamed it and created a new workspace, and imported my projects. It worked well for a little while, but now it's having problems again. It's intermittent when it starts, but once it does it will not unfreeze for about an hour or two. I suspect a background process that runs and takes up a lot of memory, but I'm not sure. Next time I will take a closer look at my processes tab to see if I can find anything.

Matt
Re: Eclipse Kepler constantly freezes [message #1170674 is a reply to message #1064863] Mon, 04 November 2013 20:18 Go to previous message
leo marini is currently offline leo mariniFriend
Hi Matt,

I'm experiencing the same problem.
I have to reboot my PC after this.

I have a Windows 7 box, 64 bits
8 GB RAM, 8 core

It's hard to diagnose, since it occurs after I launch Eclipse. I have a default project.
I used to have Eclipse Juno, this problem did not happen.

Have heard from the community how to fix this issue?

Let me know,

Leo
Previous Topic:Eclipse 4 RCP book available in its second edition
Next Topic:e4 Eclipse DI vs. e3 compatibility Mode
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 18 01:41:16 GMT 2024