Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » JavaServer Faces » Empty projects
Empty projects [message #1064767] Thu, 20 June 2013 21:25 Go to next message
Matt Saint is currently offline Matt SaintFriend
Hi everyone. I am having a bit of trouble today with my Eclipse, and I'm hoping you all can help me out.

First things first, some background:

I am working on 5 or 6 projects which each tie into each other, so none of them are independent. Today I found that my eclipse would freeze entirely (partially because of automatic building, but I couldn't get in to turn it off because Eclipse would freeze on startup). I decided to google the problem and found this page:
EDIT: ***I have fewer than 5 posts so it won't let me post it. Anyway, it's from StackOverflow, the important parts are quoted below***

Quote:
I was able to fix this by deleting the contents of:

.metadata\.plugins\org.eclipse.core.resources\.projects

Quote:
Worked for me too (BTW, to be safe you can always "mv yourContents yourContents.bak" instead of deleting them).

This was the most helpful answer according to the participants, so this is what I tried. However, I accidentally renamed the original .projects folder to .projects.bak., and when I tried making the new one (by copying in the contents and changing the new folder name to .projects) it said "Must provide a file name", presumably because folders are not supposed to start with a '.'
However, since that's how they were originally, I knew that's what had to happen. So I pressed ctrl-Z a couple of times to get back to having just the original folder, the way it was before I added on the .bak to the end. When I opened up Eclipse, however, all of my project contents were missing--they were completely empty. There were several hundred (or thousand) .java and .jsp files in those project folders, and I am really hoping I can get them back.

Do you guys have any suggestions?

Thanks!
Re: Empty projects [message #1064944 is a reply to message #1064767] Fri, 21 June 2013 19:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ian Trimble is currently offline Ian TrimbleFriend
Those projects still exist on disk somewhere, they are not located under that .projects folder. You just need to locate them and import existing projects into workspace.

- Ian
Re: Empty projects [message #1064951 is a reply to message #1064944] Fri, 21 June 2013 21:11 Go to previous message
Matt Saint is currently offline Matt SaintFriend
Thank you very much Ian. I was able to recover them this morning.

I appreciate the help!

Matt
Previous Topic:No JSF 2 Facelets validation
Next Topic:Jboss Apache Tomcat Application Server
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Mar 19 02:28:54 GMT 2024