Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » NatTable » Issue with Nattable StructuralRefresh command
Issue with Nattable StructuralRefresh command [message #1064613] Thu, 20 June 2013 09:02 Go to next message
SD Khan is currently offline SD KhanFriend
Hi,

I am facing an issue regarding nattable StructuralRefresh command, actually i have done the following steps.

1. Reordered the position of columns.
2. Now add column dynamically (Column has been added as it is shown in the example provided with table examples plugin.)

column has been added successfully but it redraw all the columns as they were in the zero state, and don't care about the current positions of columns.

What i want is that new column should be added but it don't disturb the current position of columns.

I have found that whenever structural refresh command is called it draws the table as it were at the time of building and all of column reorder changes are destroyed.

Now, is the StructuralRefresh command is working as designed?, or it is a bug?

If it is as designed, then what is the work around, one solution in my mind is to save the state of column positions before calling StructuralRefresh command and then after calling it reorder all the columns as they were before, is there any better solution ?
Re: Issue with Nattable StructuralRefresh command [message #1064621 is a reply to message #1064613] Thu, 20 June 2013 09:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Dirk Fauth is currently offline Dirk FauthFriend
Firing a StructuralRefreshCommand means a whole refresh should be performed as potentially everything has changed.

Unfortunately the ColumnReorderLayer will treat every change event to refresh completely.

The workaround you wrote seems to be the only working at the moment. Please create a ticket that requests a detailed refreshing of the columns (which means that on adding a new column, only the column gets refreshed instead of the whole layer).
Re: Issue with Nattable StructuralRefresh command [message #1064631 is a reply to message #1064621] Thu, 20 June 2013 10:24 Go to previous message
SD Khan is currently offline SD KhanFriend
Yups, I do create a bug on that.

Thanks
Regards,
Previous Topic:Not all values displayed
Next Topic:Converting UnderlyingLayer coordinates to GridLayer coordinates?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Mar 29 09:26:53 GMT 2024