Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Modeling » Papyrus » How in the world do you generate a papyrus model from an existing uml?
How in the world do you generate a papyrus model from an existing uml? [message #1064556] Wed, 19 June 2013 21:04 Go to next message
John Donma is currently offline John DonmaFriend
I can not find any way to link my empty papyrus project with an uml diagram from a java project. Any help please?

And i get this nice error when i open model explorer view:

org.eclipse.papyrus.core.services.ServiceNotFoundException: Can't get the current Eclipse Active Editor. No ServiceRegistry found.
at org.eclipse.papyrus.core.utils.ServiceUtilsForActionHandlers.getServiceRegistry(ServiceUtilsForActionHandlers.java:68)
at org.eclipse.papyrus.core.utils.ServiceUtilsForActionHandlers.getTransactionalEditingDomain(ServiceUtilsForActionHandlers.java:88)
at org.eclipse.papyrus.diagram.common.handlers.GraphicalCommandHandler.getEditingDomain(GraphicalCommandHandler.java:143)
at org.eclipse.papyrus.diagram.common.handlers.UnloadHandler.getCommand(UnloadHandler.java:50)
at org.eclipse.papyrus.diagram.common.handlers.GraphicalCommandHandler.isEnabled(GraphicalCommandHandler.java:108)
at org.eclipse.ui.internal.handlers.HandlerProxy.isEnabled(HandlerProxy.java:320)
at org.eclipse.core.commands.Command.isEnabled(Command.java:833)
at org.eclipse.core.commands.Command.setHandler(Command.java:965)
at org.eclipse.ui.internal.handlers.HandlerAuthority.updateCommand(HandlerAuthority.java:457)
at org.eclipse.ui.internal.handlers.HandlerAuthority.deactivateHandler(HandlerAuthority.java:312)
at org.eclipse.ui.internal.handlers.HandlerService.deactivateHandler(HandlerService.java:148)
at org.eclipse.ui.internal.handlers.HandlerService.deactivateHandlers(HandlerService.java:157)
at org.eclipse.ui.internal.handlers.HandlerPersistence.clearActivations(HandlerPersistence.java:104)
at org.eclipse.ui.internal.handlers.HandlerPersistence.dispose(HandlerPersistence.java:125)
at org.eclipse.ui.internal.handlers.HandlerService.dispose(HandlerService.java:163)
at org.eclipse.ui.internal.services.ServiceLocator.dispose(ServiceLocator.java:142)
at org.eclipse.ui.internal.Workbench.shutdown(Workbench.java:3057)
at org.eclipse.ui.internal.Workbench.busyClose(Workbench.java:1123)
at org.eclipse.ui.internal.Workbench.access$15(Workbench.java:1040)
at org.eclipse.ui.internal.Workbench$25.run(Workbench.java:1284)
at org.eclipse.swt.custom.BusyIndicator.showWhile(BusyIndicator.java:70)
at org.eclipse.ui.internal.Workbench.close(Workbench.java:1282)
at org.eclipse.ui.internal.Workbench.close(Workbench.java:1254)
at org.eclipse.ui.internal.WorkbenchWindow.busyClose(WorkbenchWindow.java:727)
at org.eclipse.ui.internal.WorkbenchWindow.access$0(WorkbenchWindow.java:715)
at org.eclipse.ui.internal.WorkbenchWindow$6.run(WorkbenchWindow.java:867)
at org.eclipse.swt.custom.BusyIndicator.showWhile(BusyIndicator.java:70)
at org.eclipse.ui.internal.WorkbenchWindow.close(WorkbenchWindow.java:865)
at org.eclipse.jface.window.Window.handleShellCloseEvent(Window.java:741)
at org.eclipse.jface.window.Window$3.shellClosed(Window.java:687)
at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.TypedListener.handleEvent(TypedListener.java:98)
at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.EventTable.sendEvent(EventTable.java:84)
at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Widget.sendEvent(Widget.java:1053)
at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Widget.sendEvent(Widget.java:1077)
at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Widget.sendEvent(Widget.java:1062)
at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Decorations.closeWidget(Decorations.java:308)
at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Decorations.WM_CLOSE(Decorations.java:1677)
at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Control.windowProc(Control.java:4530)
at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Canvas.windowProc(Canvas.java:341)
at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Decorations.windowProc(Decorations.java:1610)
at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Shell.windowProc(Shell.java:2061)
at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Display.windowProc(Display.java:4972)
at org.eclipse.swt.internal.win32.OS.DefWindowProcW(Native Method)
at org.eclipse.swt.internal.win32.OS.DefWindowProc(OS.java:2526)
at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Shell.callWindowProc(Shell.java:498)
at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Control.windowProc(Control.java:4623)
at org.eclipse.swt.internal.win32.OS.DefWindowProcW(Native Method)
at org.eclipse.swt.internal.win32.OS.DefWindowProc(OS.java:2526)
at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Shell.callWindowProc(Shell.java:498)
at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Control.windowProc(Control.java:4623)
at org.eclipse.swt.internal.win32.OS.DispatchMessageW(Native Method)
at org.eclipse.swt.internal.win32.OS.DispatchMessage(OS.java:2531)
at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Display.readAndDispatch(Display.java:3752)
at org.eclipse.ui.internal.Workbench.runEventLoop(Workbench.java:2701)
at org.eclipse.ui.internal.Workbench.runUI(Workbench.java:2665)
at org.eclipse.ui.internal.Workbench.access$4(Workbench.java:2499)
at org.eclipse.ui.internal.Workbench$7.run(Workbench.java:679)
at org.eclipse.core.databinding.observable.Realm.runWithDefault(Realm.java:332)
at org.eclipse.ui.internal.Workbench.createAndRunWorkbench(Workbench.java:668)
at org.eclipse.ui.PlatformUI.createAndRunWorkbench(PlatformUI.java:149)
at org.eclipse.ui.internal.ide.application.IDEApplication.start(IDEApplication.java:123)
at org.eclipse.equinox.internal.app.EclipseAppHandle.run(EclipseAppHandle.java:196)
at org.eclipse.core.runtime.internal.adaptor.EclipseAppLauncher.runApplication(EclipseAppLauncher.java:110)
at org.eclipse.core.runtime.internal.adaptor.EclipseAppLauncher.start(EclipseAppLauncher.java:79)
at org.eclipse.core.runtime.adaptor.EclipseStarter.run(EclipseStarter.java:344)
at org.eclipse.core.runtime.adaptor.EclipseStarter.run(EclipseStarter.java:179)
at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source)
at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source)
at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Unknown Source)
at org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.invokeFramework(Main.java:622)
at org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.basicRun(Main.java:577)
at org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.run(Main.java:1410)

LE: I am using eclipse 3.7.2

[Updated on: Wed, 19 June 2013 22:00]

Report message to a moderator

Re: How in the world do you generate a papyrus model from an existing uml? [message #1064597 is a reply to message #1064556] Thu, 20 June 2013 08:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Camille Letavernier is currently offline Camille LetavernierFriend
Hi,

To create a Papyrus model from a *.uml model, select this uml file and go to File > New > Papyrus project

The Papyrus project will be initialized from this *.uml file.

For the other exception, I can only suggest you update Papyrus to the latest version (Currently Juno/0.9.2, and Kepler/0.10.0 will be released on Wednesday)

Regards,
Camille

Camille Letavernier
Re: How in the world do you generate a papyrus model from an existing uml? [message #1064745 is a reply to message #1064556] Thu, 20 June 2013 18:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I selected the .uml file the followed your instructions. I then selected class diagram and i pressed finish, but it did not do anything. I then chose next and ended up on the choose root element screen. There i tried selecting and clicking and double clicking everything but i just can't get past that last step. What exactly am i supposed to select on the root element screen ( it's cryptic for me). As i said i tried everything to get past that screen.
LE Some extra details: The papyrus model file appears though. As i said i can't get past the select root element screen. And if i close it by pressing cancel or close, when i open the papyrus model file i get a premature end of file

[Updated on: Thu, 20 June 2013 18:54]

Report message to a moderator

Re: How in the world do you generate a papyrus model from an existing uml? [message #1064994 is a reply to message #1064556] Sat, 22 June 2013 17:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Maybe i did not provide enough details... here is a screencast that show better what issue i'm experiencing. screencastle.com + / + watch + / + e702f2e8ce45fa1d4c74acd6a5df7258 ( i do not have enough posts to use outside links
Re: How in the world do you generate a papyrus model from an existing uml? [message #1065198 is a reply to message #1064556] Mon, 24 June 2013 18:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
It's that hard huh?
Re: How in the world do you generate a papyrus model from an existing uml? [message #1066058 is a reply to message #1064556] Sat, 29 June 2013 15:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I have tried with eclipse 4.2 the same thing. http://screencastle.com/watch/e702f2e8ce45fa1d4c74acd6a5df7258 ( it's the same video as above, but without + for quick click). I follow camille's instructions and nothing happens. Furthermore when i installed the papyrus plugin my eclipse installation crashed. Maybe the devs shoould specify in the documentation that this software does not work for importing existing uml. Or maybe that you need a PhD in black magic to make it work.. And since we're talking about documentation is what i'm asking for shown in the documentation? Hopefully i will not be ignored further . Thank you in advance
Re: How in the world do you generate a papyrus model from an existing uml? [message #1066149 is a reply to message #1066058] Mon, 01 July 2013 09:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Remi Schnekenburger is currently offline Remi SchnekenburgerFriend
Hi John,

In the last selection window, you can select the element that will be the context of the new diagram. This step is not mandatory, as the step with the diagram creation.

You say that you had some crash during installation, can you detail this ? If there are some problems during installation, this could explain why Papyrus is not working...
Papyrus 0.10.0 is now available with the new Kepler release (accessible from Eclipse Kepler site).

For the documentation, this procedure is not indicated, but it is expected to work.

Finally, could you clean your error log, reproduce the steps you have done, and then send your error log? This could help us debug your problem.

HTH,
Remi

Remi Schnekenburger

Get professional Eclipse developer support:
http://eclipsesource.com/en/services/developer-support/
Re: How in the world do you generate a papyrus model from an existing uml? [message #1085249 is a reply to message #1066149] Mon, 12 August 2013 16:55 Go to previous message
Farhana Islam is currently offline Farhana IslamFriend
Hi,

I am also getting the same error when I am trying to run a JUnit plugin test. The error is as follows:

org.eclipse.papyrus.infra.core.services.ServiceNotFoundException: Can't get the current Eclipse Active Editor. No ServiceRegistry found.
at org.eclipse.papyrus.infra.core.utils.ServiceUtilsForActionHandlers.getServiceRegistry(ServiceUtilsForActionHandlers.java:71)
at org.eclipse.papyrus.infra.core.utils.ServiceUtilsForActionHandlers.getTransactionalEditingDomain(ServiceUtilsForActionHandlers.java:88)
at org.eclipse.papyrus.uml.diagram.common.handlers.GraphicalCommandHandler.getEditingDomain(GraphicalCommandHandler.java:136)
at org.eclipse.papyrus.uml.diagram.common.handlers.LoadHandler.getCommand(LoadHandler.java:49)
at org.eclipse.papyrus.uml.diagram.common.handlers.GraphicalCommandHandler.isEnabled(GraphicalCommandHandler.java:108)
at org.eclipse.ui.internal.handlers.HandlerProxy.isEnabled(HandlerProxy.java:317)
at org.eclipse.ui.internal.handlers.E4HandlerProxy.canExecute(E4HandlerProxy.java:59)
at sun.reflect.GeneratedMethodAccessor5.invoke(Unknown Source)
at org.eclipse.e4.core.internal.di.MethodRequestor.execute(MethodRequestor.java:56)
at org.eclipse.e4.core.internal.di.InjectorImpl.invokeUsingClass(InjectorImpl.java:231)
at org.eclipse.e4.core.internal.di.InjectorImpl.invoke(InjectorImpl.java:212)
at org.eclipse.e4.core.contexts.ContextInjectionFactory.invoke(ContextInjectionFactory.java:131)
at org.eclipse.e4.core.commands.internal.HandlerServiceImpl.canExecute(HandlerServiceImpl.java:110)
at org.eclipse.e4.core.commands.internal.HandlerServiceImpl.canExecute(HandlerServiceImpl.java:93)
at org.eclipse.ui.internal.MakeHandlersGo.isEnabled(MakeHandlersGo.java:142)
at org.eclipse.core.commands.Command.isEnabled(Command.java:862)
at org.eclipse.ui.internal.handlers.LegacyHandlerService.registerLegacyHandler(LegacyHandlerService.java:230)
at org.eclipse.ui.internal.handlers.LegacyHandlerService.readDefaultHandlers(LegacyHandlerService.java:818)
at org.eclipse.ui.internal.handlers.LegacyHandlerService.readRegistry(LegacyHandlerService.java:731)
at org.eclipse.ui.internal.Workbench$47.runWithException(Workbench.java:2117)
at org.eclipse.ui.internal.StartupThreading$StartupRunnable.run(StartupThreading.java:31)
at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Synchronizer.syncExec(Synchronizer.java:180)
at org.eclipse.ui.internal.UISynchronizer.syncExec(UISynchronizer.java:150)
at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Display.syncExec(Display.java:4687)
at org.eclipse.ui.internal.StartupThreading.runWithoutExceptions(StartupThreading.java:94)
at org.eclipse.ui.internal.Workbench.initializeDefaultServices(Workbench.java:2111)
at org.eclipse.ui.internal.Workbench.init(Workbench.java:1407)
at org.eclipse.ui.internal.Workbench.runUI(Workbench.java:2552)
at org.eclipse.ui.internal.Workbench.access$7(Workbench.java:2441)
at org.eclipse.ui.internal.Workbench$5.run(Workbench.java:586)
at org.eclipse.core.databinding.observable.Realm.runWithDefault(Realm.java:332)
at org.eclipse.ui.internal.Workbench.createAndRunWorkbench(Workbench.java:543)
at org.eclipse.ui.PlatformUI.createAndRunWorkbench(PlatformUI.java:149)
at org.eclipse.ui.internal.ide.application.IDEApplication.start(IDEApplication.java:124)
at org.eclipse.pde.internal.junit.runtime.NonUIThreadTestApplication.runApp(NonUIThreadTestApplication.java:54)
at org.eclipse.pde.internal.junit.runtime.UITestApplication.runApp(UITestApplication.java:41)
at org.eclipse.pde.internal.junit.runtime.NonUIThreadTestApplication.start(NonUIThreadTestApplication.java:48)
at org.eclipse.equinox.internal.app.EclipseAppHandle.run(EclipseAppHandle.java:196)
at org.eclipse.core.runtime.internal.adaptor.EclipseAppLauncher.runApplication(EclipseAppLauncher.java:110)
at org.eclipse.core.runtime.internal.adaptor.EclipseAppLauncher.start(EclipseAppLauncher.java:79)
at org.eclipse.core.runtime.adaptor.EclipseStarter.run(EclipseStarter.java:353)
at org.eclipse.core.runtime.adaptor.EclipseStarter.run(EclipseStarter.java:180)
at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source)
at org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.invokeFramework(Main.java:629)
at org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.basicRun(Main.java:584)
at org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.run(Main.java:1438)
at org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.main(Main.java:1414)

I am using Eclipse Juno Service Release2. I think its a bug of Papyrus but I don't know how to resolve it. Please help me in resolving this error. Thanks in advance.
Previous Topic:Configure created Element
Next Topic:How to obtain graphical Object from EditPart
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 19 21:09:14 GMT 2024