Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Archived » BIRT » how to set sortstrength in sortcondition programmatically?
how to set sortstrength in sortcondition programmatically? [message #1064531] Wed, 19 June 2013 17:44 Go to next message
nari noori is currently offline nari nooriFriend
Hi,

Im trying to sort my report table programmatically in the "onPrepare" script, but im not able to set the sortstrength to Primary:

The code under works, but i want to also set the sort strength to "Primary". If i set the sortCondition.setStrength("Primary"); or sortCondition.setStrength(0); it fails.

importPackage (Packages.org.eclipse.birt.report.model.api.simpleapi);
var sortCondition = SimpleElementFactory.getInstance().createSortCondition();
sortCondition.setKey("row[\"Lastname\"]");
sortCondition.setDirection("desc"); 
this.addSortCondition(sortCondition); 

Thanks in advance Smile
Re: how to set sortstrength in sortcondition programmatically? [message #1065137 is a reply to message #1064531] Mon, 24 June 2013 13:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Hi,

didnt get an reply. But wondering if there is an online api doc, that specifies the report api ? something like javadocs for the class sortCondition ?
Re: how to set sortstrength in sortcondition programmatically? [message #1065305 is a reply to message #1065137] Tue, 25 June 2013 09:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Yes, i found a solution, i put this in the tables onprepare:

importPackage (Packages.org.eclipse.birt.report.model.api.elements.structures );
importPackage (Packages.org.eclipse.birt.report.model.api );

var sk = StructureFactory.createSortKey();
sk.setKey("row[\"mycolumn\"]");
sk.setDirection("asc");
sk.setStrength(1);

table = reportContext.getReportRunnable().designHandle.getDesignHandle().findElement("mytable");
var ph = table.getPropertyHandle(TableHandle.SORT_PROP);
ph.addItem(sk);

i found the programmers reference here:
http://help.eclipse.org/indigo/index.jsp?topic=%2Forg.eclipse.birt.doc.isv%2Fmodel%2Fapi%2Findex.html
Re: how to set sortstrength in sortcondition programmatically? [message #1065668 is a reply to message #1065305] Thu, 27 June 2013 05:41 Go to previous message
Michael Williams is currently offline Michael WilliamsFriend

Sorry for your not getting a response. I've been out of the forums due to preparing for the 4.3 release and the new BIRT Exchange community site update. Glad you found a solution! Smile

Michael

Developer Evangelist, Silanis
Previous Topic:bar chart, series spacing
Next Topic:Expand Collapse Script
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 18 18:58:47 GMT 2024