Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Archived » Hudson » Relocate Hudson "jobs" Directory(Relocate Hudson "jobs" or "workspace" and "builds" Directories)
Relocate Hudson "jobs" Directory [message #1064417] Wed, 19 June 2013 07:40 Go to next message
Timo Rohrberg is currently offline Timo RohrbergFriend
Hello everybody,

I would like to relocate the complete Hudson "jobs" directory or at least the individual jobs' "workspace" and "builds" directories to another location outside of the Hudson home (aka. HUDSON_HOME) directory for backup and upgrade maintenance reasons.

Unfortunately, I found no way to achive this directly via the Hudson configuration web interface. The only idea I came up with, was to replace the "jobs" directory within the Hudson home directory by a symlink to my target destination. I did not try this, but I think it should work. However, I think it would be much more nice to have Hudson "realize" the relocation of its "jobs" directory directly.

In Jenkins there was a configuration option in the main configuration page to set the default "workspace" and "builds" directories of the build jobs. That option seems not to be available (anymore) in Hudson.

Does anyone have an idea? Or do I miss something?

Thank you very much!

Cheers
Timo
Re: Relocate Hudson "jobs" Directory [message #1064526 is a reply to message #1064417] Wed, 19 June 2013 16:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Bob Foster is currently offline Bob FosterFriend
Set the environment variables HUDSON_WORKSPACES and/or HUDSON_BUILDS to relocate the workspace and build root directories, respectively.
Re: Relocate Hudson "jobs" Directory [message #1064529 is a reply to message #1064526] Wed, 19 June 2013 17:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Bob Foster is currently offline Bob FosterFriend
I added some information on this page http://wiki.eclipse.org/Using_Hudson/Starting_and_Accessing_Hudson#Environment_Variables

Hopefully, it's accurate. Smile
Re: Relocate Hudson "jobs" Directory [message #1064578 is a reply to message #1064529] Thu, 20 June 2013 05:20 Go to previous message
Andreas Magnusson is currently offline Andreas MagnussonFriend
Just a quick clarification:

HUDSON_WORKSPACES=path The root location for storing individual workspaces. If not specified, the location is $HUDSON_HOME/<project-name>/workspace.

Will $HUDSON_WORKSPACES replace just $HUDSON_HOME in the above path, or will everything end up in one folder?
Previous Topic:Email address corrupted?!?
Next Topic:new svn external causes NullPointerException
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 19 06:34:32 GMT 2024