Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Remote Application Platform (RAP) » Can RAP be used to convert/transform web application to desktop application?(I understand that desktop applications can be converted to web applications using RAP. Im just wondering if vice versa is possible? i.e. Can RAP be used to convert/transform web application to deskt)
icon7.gif  Can RAP be used to convert/transform web application to desktop application? [message #1064234] Tue, 18 June 2013 10:44 Go to next message
sandeesh kodupuganti is currently offline sandeesh kodupugantiFriend
I understand that desktop applications can be converted to web applications using RAP. Im just wondering if vice versa is possible? i.e. Can RAP be used to convert/transform web application to desktop application?
Re: Can RAP be used to convert/transform web application to desktop application? [message #1064318 is a reply to message #1064234] Tue, 18 June 2013 16:35 Go to previous message
Lothar Werzinger is currently offline Lothar WerzingerFriend
If you write a RAP application that does not use RAP specific API, then you can easily "single source" to produce a RCP application from the same code.

See http://eclipsesource.com/blogs/tag/single-sourcing/
Previous Topic:TabFolder button bar background colour/transparent
Next Topic:Migrating to RAP 2.1-RC3: Extending behaviour of DateTime widget
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Wed Apr 24 18:43:33 GMT 2024