Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Language IDEs » C / C++ IDE (CDT) » Launching the correct executable (Release vs Debug)(Variable config_name issue?)
Launching the correct executable (Release vs Debug) [message #1064166] Mon, 17 June 2013 22:31
John Archdeacon is currently offline John ArchdeaconFriend
Hi, this will be a dumb question for most (sorry); I am a newbie to Eclipse and am using the JUNO version with the CDT (C++) build environment for my "simpleObjects" familiarization project. My simple project builds fine for DEBUG and RELEASE versions, but I am having issues getting the right version to run (Debug vs Release) when using the standard IDE "Run" button; the Debug version always launches even when the "Release" configuration is active. Browsing to the Release/ or Debug/ folders and manually running the program does launch the correct version. So, I am obviously missing something basic in the Eclipse way of doing things...

I then tried setting the "Run Configuration..." to ${config_name}/simpleObjects where I have also selected "Use Active" set. This doesn't work either unless I manually set my launch to either Debug/simpleObjects or Release/simpleObjects which ignores of course what active configuration is in use.

What am I missing?
Previous Topic:Table column pack API not working in expression view
Next Topic:Issue with c++ and/or variables
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sat Apr 20 05:45:02 GMT 2024