Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Modeling » Eclipse Generation Factories (EGF) » Example for M2M transformation
Example for M2M transformation [message #1064088] Mon, 17 June 2013 14:45 Go to next message
Jens Reimann is currently offline Jens ReimannFriend
Hi,

I am currently looking into EGF and have some problems finding my way around.

I tried several of the example projects and created some first tasks myself. Now what I would like to do is to write some task/pattern which can convert objects from type A to type B. Both (A and B) are in a specific EMF/Ecore model. I was able to write a task and create a setup which loads the objects A from an XMI-Ecore file, converts the objects to type B, but now I am a bit stuck how to get the items out. Simply defining an out parameter of type Domain/EMFDomain seems to work, but the items won't get serialized if like them with a Workspace/Filesystem domain.

Is there some tutorial available for some setup like this? Or do I need to write a simple task with writes out the objects "manually" using a ResourceSet?
Re: Example for M2M transformation [message #1114799 is a reply to message #1064088] Mon, 23 September 2013 08:12 Go to previous message
Thomas Guiu is currently offline Thomas GuiuFriend
Hi Jens

At present time, the Domain objects never get saved even if the resources have been modified.
In your case, you shoud serialize your modified EMF domain in the postExecute() method of your task implementation.

Best regards,
Thomas
Previous Topic:Migrate transformation sequence implemented in Java to EGF?
Next Topic:Unable to find an Fcore associated with problem
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 02:26:24 GMT 2024