Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Modeling » Epsilon » EMF model - simple questions(I've a simple EMF model which is raising questions - inc. why is one relationship seen but not the other?)
EMF model - simple questions [message #1064055] Mon, 17 June 2013 12:55 Go to next message
Julian Johnson is currently offline Julian JohnsonFriend
Attached is a simple ecore model (and its diagram, and emf). I can create .model instances of this (example crews1.model attached), and populate the model with exeed editor, however, there are several oddities:

1) when I right click on the root object 'asset', I can only see childs: 'equipment', 'task', 'zone', and not 'equipTaskUse'. Would 'equipTaskUse' also need to be a subtype of 'item' so that I could also create instances of it?

2) I am puzzled that the way I see properties for the instances of 'equipment' and for 'task' does not seem symmetric. If I've created an instance of 'equipment', I can see the attribute: "equipname", while for instances of 'task' I can see attributes: "taskID", "taskname", "uses". Why can I see 'uses'for task, and not 'performs' for equipment?

3) In 'equipment', attribute 'equipname' actually appears as "Equip Name" in properties view. Also for 'task' attributes actually appear as "Task ID", "Task Name", "Uses" - note capitalisations and word splits. Why is this?

Thanks.
  • Attachment: crews.emf
    (Size: 0.73KB, Downloaded 141 times)
  • Attachment: crews.ecore
    (Size: 3.31KB, Downloaded 225 times)
  • Attachment: crews.ecorediag
    (Size: 24.52KB, Downloaded 246 times)
  • Attachment: crews1.model
    (Size: 0.92KB, Downloaded 223 times)
Re: EMF model - simple questions [message #1064187 is a reply to message #1064055] Tue, 18 June 2013 07:17 Go to previous message
Dimitris Kolovos is currently offline Dimitris KolovosFriend

Hi Julian,

> Attached is a simple ecore model (and its diagram, and emf). I can create .model instances of this (example crews1.model attached), and populate the model with exeed editor, however, there are several oddities:

> 1) when I right click on the root object 'asset', I can only see childs: 'equipment', 'task', 'zone', and not 'equipTaskUse'. Would 'equipTaskUse' also need to be a subtype of 'item' so that I could also create instances of it?

Either this, or you could add another val reference e.g.

val equipTaskUse[*] equipTaskUses;

> 2) I am puzzled that the way I see properties for the instances of 'equipment' and for 'task' does not seem symmetric. If I've created an instance of 'equipment', I can see the attribute: "equipname", while for instances of 'task' I can see attributes: "taskID", "taskname", "uses". Why can I see 'uses'for task, and not 'performs' for equipment?

This appears to be consistent with your metamodel (crews.emf).

> 3) In 'equipment', attribute 'equipname' actually appears as "Equip Name" in properties view. Also for 'task' attributes actually appear as "Task ID", "Task Name", "Uses" - note capitalisations and word splits. Why is this?

EMF does this automatically to improve usability (it only affects presentation).

Cheers,
Dimitris
Previous Topic:[ETL] Using custom tools in standalone
Next Topic:Problem with validating a hutn file
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 19 09:16:10 GMT 2024