Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Modeling » Epsilon » Egl and epsilon standalones
Egl and epsilon standalones [message #1063938] Sun, 16 June 2013 11:03 Go to next message
Patricia Fernández is currently offline Patricia FernándezFriend
Hello,

I modified the org.eclipse.epsilon.examples.standalone / org.eclipse.epsilon.examples.standalone.egl from the repository to use UML instead of Emf models as I need, also changed the imports from emf to uml ones but for some reason I think it keeps using emf instead of uml because when I run it I keep getting this error below. Also, minimal attached.

PS: Sorry for all the posts but it's driving me mad, I didn't think this was so hard to make it work.

Exception in thread "main" Property 'name' not found in object org.eclipse.emf.ecore.xml.type.impl.AnyTypeImpl@18d9850 [eClass: org.eclipse.emf.ecore.impl.EClassImpl@19b5217 [name: Model] [instanceClassName: null] [abstract: false, interface: false]] [mixed: [ecore.xml.type:text=
  , packagedElement=org.eclipse.emf.ecore.xml.type.impl.AnyTypeImpl@3b1d04 [eClass: org.eclipse.emf.ecore.impl.EClassImpl@ee22f7 [name: Class] [instanceClassName: null] [abstract: false, interface: false]] [mixed: [], anyAttribute: [name=Example]], ecore.xml.type:text=
], anyAttribute: null] (C:\Users\Patricia\Documents\UNIVERSIDAD\PFC\Eclipse_1\Minimal\src\ProjectCreation.egl@3:13)
	Cause: Property 'name' not found in object org.eclipse.emf.ecore.xml.type.impl.AnyTypeImpl@18d9850 [eClass: org.eclipse.emf.ecore.impl.EClassImpl@19b5217 [name: Model] [instanceClassName: null] [abstract: false, interface: false]] [mixed: [ecore.xml.type:text=
  , packagedElement=org.eclipse.emf.ecore.xml.type.impl.AnyTypeImpl@3b1d04 [eClass: org.eclipse.emf.ecore.impl.EClassImpl@ee22f7 [name: Class] [instanceClassName: null] [abstract: false, interface: false]] [mixed: [], anyAttribute: [name=Example]], ecore.xml.type:text=
], anyAttribute: null] (C:\Users\Patricia\Documents\UNIVERSIDAD\PFC\Eclipse_1\Minimal\src\ProjectCreation.egl@3:13)
	at org.eclipse.epsilon.egl.internal.EglPreprocessorModule.execute(EglPreprocessorModule.java:96)
	at org.eclipse.epsilon.egl.internal.EglModule.execute(EglModule.java:166)
	at org.eclipse.epsilon.egl.internal.EglModule.execute(EglModule.java:152)
	at org.eclipse.epsilon.egl.EglTemplate.process(EglTemplate.java:68)
	at org.eclipse.epsilon.egl.EglTemplateFactoryModuleAdapter.execute(EglTemplateFactoryModuleAdapter.java:70)
	at EpsilonStandaloneExample.execute(EpsilonStandaloneExample.java:59)
	at EpsilonStandaloneExample.execute(EpsilonStandaloneExample.java:51)
	at EglStandaloneExample.main(EglStandaloneExample.java:19)
Caused by: Property 'name' not found in object org.eclipse.emf.ecore.xml.type.impl.AnyTypeImpl@18d9850 [eClass: org.eclipse.emf.ecore.impl.EClassImpl@19b5217 [name: Model] [instanceClassName: null] [abstract: false, interface: false]] [mixed: [ecore.xml.type:text=
	at org.eclipse.epsilon.eol.execute.introspection.java.JavaPropertyGetter.invoke(JavaPropertyGetter.java:48)
	at org.eclipse.epsilon.eol.execute.PointExecutor.execute(PointExecutor.java:70)
	at org.eclipse.epsilon.eol.execute.PointExecutor.execute(PointExecutor.java:44)
	at org.eclipse.epsilon.eol.execute.PointExecutor.execute(PointExecutor.java:90)
	at org.eclipse.epsilon.eol.execute.ExecutorFactory.executeAST(ExecutorFactory.java:226)
	at org.eclipse.epsilon.eol.execute.PointExecutor.execute(PointExecutor.java:43)
	at org.eclipse.epsilon.eol.execute.PointExecutor.execute(PointExecutor.java:90)
	at org.eclipse.epsilon.eol.execute.ExecutorFactory.executeAST(ExecutorFactory.java:226)
	at org.eclipse.epsilon.eol.execute.ExecutorFactory.executeAST(ExecutorFactory.java:196)
	at org.eclipse.epsilon.eol.execute.StatementBlockExecutor.execute(StatementBlockExecutor.java:26)
	at org.eclipse.epsilon.eol.EolModule.execute(EolModule.java:43)
	at org.eclipse.epsilon.egl.internal.EglPreprocessorModule.execute(EglPreprocessorModule.java:80)
	... 7 more
  • Attachment: Minimal.jar
    (Size: 5.24KB, Downloaded 183 times)
Re: Egl and epsilon standalones [message #1063940 is a reply to message #1063938] Sun, 16 June 2013 11:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Dimitris Kolovos is currently offline Dimitris KolovosFriend

Hi Patricia,

I'm afraid that the attached archive only contains the compiled version of your code (.class files). Could you please try to export your project using File->Export->General->Archive File instead?

Cheers,
Dimitris
Re: Egl and epsilon standalones [message #1063943 is a reply to message #1063940] Sun, 16 June 2013 12:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Dimitris Kolovos wrote on Sun, 16 June 2013 07:15
Hi Patricia,

I'm afraid that the attached archive only contains the compiled version of your code (.class files). Could you please try to export your project using File->Export->General->Archive File instead?

Cheers,
Dimitris

Hi Dimitris,

Sorry for that, attached it now.
  • Attachment: Minimal.zip
    (Size: 13.77KB, Downloaded 211 times)
Re: Egl and epsilon standalones [message #1063962 is a reply to message #1063943] Sun, 16 June 2013 21:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Hi Patricia,

To get rid of this exception I had to do the following:

1) In model.uml, change http://www.eclipse.org/uml2/3.0.0/UML to http://www.eclipse.org/uml2/4.0.0/UML using a text editor

2) Replace the following line

UMLResource.Factory.Registry.INSTANCE.getExtensionToFactoryMap().put(UMLResource.FILE_EXTENSION, UMLResource.Factory.INSTANCE);

with

EPackage.Registry.INSTANCE.put(UMLPackage.eINSTANCE.getNsURI(), UMLPackage.eINSTANCE);

3) Uncomment the following line: properties.put(UmlModel.PROPERTY_METAMODEL_URI, metamodel);

It still doesn't work but that's due to unrelated errors in subsequent EGL statements (e.g. Package.add should probably be Package.all instead).

Cheers,
Dimitris
Re: Egl and epsilon standalones [message #1063984 is a reply to message #1063962] Mon, 17 June 2013 06:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Thank you so much for the help, it finally works Smile
Re: Egl and epsilon standalones [message #1064107 is a reply to message #1063984] Mon, 17 June 2013 16:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi,

Sorry to disturb again... I exported it as runnable jar but when I execute it I get the following error.

Quote:

Exception in thread "main" java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: URI is not hierarchical
at java.io.File.<init>(File.java:363)
at EpsilonStandalone.getFile(EpsilonStandalone.java:85)
at EpsilonStandalone.execute(EpsilonStandalone.java:32)
at EglStandalone.main(EglStandalone.java:15)

Does that mean I have to change the URI lines from the standalone example to make it work? If so, what do I need to put instead?

Thanks in advance.
Cheers.
Re: Egl and epsilon standalones [message #1064189 is a reply to message #1064107] Tue, 18 June 2013 07:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Hi Patricia,

No worries. The discussion in the following bug report may help.

https://bugs.eclipse.org/bugs/show_bug.cgi?id=404235

Cheers,
Dimitris
Re: Egl and epsilon standalones [message #1064523 is a reply to message #1064189] Wed, 19 June 2013 16:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi Dimitris,

Thanks to your link and some more info I was able to make it work.

Talking about this example:

- When I run the EglStandaloneExample.java as a java application it works as expected.
- However, when I right click the plug-in project and run it as an Eclipse Application, I manage to make it work through the "Generate" menu I added (the window to choose the uml model at least appears) but then I suddenly start getting exceptions which looks like this one (the part that changes from an exception to the other is the url):

Quote:
!MESSAGE Exception encountered whilst trying to retrieve EPackage for nsUri: http:///org/eclipse/datatools/modelbase/dbdefinition/dbdefinition.ecore
!STACK 0
java.lang.OutOfMemoryError: PermGen space
at java.lang.ClassLoader.defineClass1(Native Method)
at java.lang.ClassLoader.defineClassCond(ClassLoader.java:632)

Also this one:
Quote:
!MESSAGE Unhandled event loop exception
!STACK 0
org.eclipse.swt.SWTException: Failed to execute runnable (java.lang.OutOfMemoryError: PermGen space)

I tried increasing the -XX:MaxPermSize up to 512m, but the exceptions keep happening. Any help on this? Tried writing a post in the PDE section but noone's answered it.

Thanks again.
PS: Minimal and uml model attached if needed.
  • Attachment: example.uml
    (Size: 0.35KB, Downloaded 189 times)
  • Attachment: Minimal.zip
    (Size: 11.95KB, Downloaded 187 times)

[Updated on: Wed, 19 June 2013 16:32]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Egl and epsilon standalones [message #1064566 is a reply to message #1064523] Wed, 19 June 2013 22:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Hi Patricia,

Unfortunately, I'm not able to reproduce this in my setup (MacOS) as I'm getting an SWT exception. I've had a quick look at your code and it appears that you're using Swing for the UI part. SWT and Swing don't mix very well so I'd suggest considering to implement your generator launcher as a context menu action. See the "Register EPackages" action in [1] for an example of how to do this.

Cheers,
Dimitris
Re: Egl and epsilon standalones [message #1064661 is a reply to message #1064566] Thu, 20 June 2013 13:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Dimitris Kolovos wrote on Wed, 19 June 2013 18:48
See the "Register EPackages" action in [1] for an example of how to do this.

Hi Dimitris,

Maybe you forgot to add the [1] source info?
Re: Egl and epsilon standalones [message #1064662 is a reply to message #1064661] Thu, 20 June 2013 13:06 Go to previous message

Oops! Done.

[1] https://dev.eclipse.org/svnroot/modeling/org.eclipse.epsilon/trunk/plugins/org.eclipse.epsilon.emf.dt
Previous Topic:Standalone EvlValidator
Next Topic:Lack of clarity on .ecorediag and .ecore synchonisation
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Apr 16 19:37:33 GMT 2024