Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » BPMN 2.0 Modeler » import BPMN2.0 file in the JBPM eclipse editor(import BPMN2.0 file in the JBPM eclipse editor)
import BPMN2.0 file in the JBPM eclipse editor [message #1063932] Sun, 16 June 2013 07:37 Go to next message
natasha ghalap is currently offline natasha ghalapFriend
Hi,
I'have just started JBPM in eclipse editor.
I exported .bpmx file from IBM rational software architect(RSA) as a BPMN2.0 file.
I want to import the bpmn file into the eclipse editor jbpm plugin.
But I don't know how should I start?I can't find any document about importing bpmn file into the jbpm eclipse editor that is created out of the JBPM. I don't know which project I should define and how to import my file.
I've tried to import as a BPMN process file, but it fails.
please help me.
thanks

Re: import BPMN2.0 file in the JBPM eclipse editor [message #1063967 is a reply to message #1063932] Mon, 17 June 2013 01:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Robert Brodt is currently offline Robert BrodtFriend

Hi Natasha,

It should be possible to simply copy the bpmn file into a "general" eclipse project and open it with the BPMN2 Modeler, as long as the file does not contain any IBM specific BPMN 2.0 extensions. If you want to create a process that can be deployed to the jBPM runtime, you will need to install the jBPM support plugins; see http://www.jboss.org/jbpm/ for more information about installation and getting started.

I would be interested in hearing about your experience with porting process files to jBPM, so please do keep us posted here!

Thanks!
Bob
Re: import BPMN2.0 file in the JBPM eclipse editor [message #1064447 is a reply to message #1063967] Wed, 19 June 2013 10:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
natasha ghalap is currently offline natasha ghalapFriend
Hi Robert,
Thanks for your answer.
but, I think some XML tags in the process have IBM reference object.
after I imported the BPMN file, then right click on the bpmn file/open with/BPMN 2.0 process editor, this message will show:"An exception occurred while reading in the RuleFlow XML, No interface found ". the process wont' be open!!!
Re: import BPMN2.0 file in the JBPM eclipse editor [message #1064494 is a reply to message #1064447] Wed, 19 June 2013 13:44 Go to previous message
Robert Brodt is currently offline Robert BrodtFriend

Hmm, this sounds like an error message from the old jbpm eclipse editor. Are you sure you're using the BPMN2 Modeler? Select the process file, then right-click and "Open With -> Bpmn2 Modeler Editor".

Also, can you post the process file here, or share it somewhere?

Thanks,
Bob
Previous Topic:Possible bug? Sequenceflow
Next Topic:DiagramComposite displaying a BPMN2 model
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 19 22:08:29 GMT 2024