Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Archived » Hudson » Native Hudson feature question
Native Hudson feature question [message #1063671] Thu, 13 June 2013 17:07 Go to next message
Alex Pineda is currently offline Alex PinedaFriend
I'm in the process of updating our current Hudson server from version 1.396 to 3.0.1 and at the same, I'm upgrading the software and installing on a new machine which will run on Oracle Linux. Our current Hudson server (hudson.war) is deployed on top of the Glassfish application server, but in the new installation, I've decided to install it in Native mode.

However, we have over 50 slave machines and one feature that I see in the WAR (even the current version), but not on the Native version. Specifically in the Configuration screen for the slave node, "Launch Method" drop down has "Launch slave agents on Unix machines via SSH". I don't see this option in the Native version of Hudson by default. I'm hoping that what I'm missing is a specific plugin, but I could not identify one from what's available.

I hope someone can help out. I've tried to work around the problem by configuring SSH to have direct access from the Server (master) to the slave (client), but it doesn't work well with Windows 7 or 8. I've tried the JNLP option, but I could not get it to work properly. I get errors which do not point out a clear problem.
Re: Native Hudson feature question [message #1063674 is a reply to message #1063671] Thu, 13 June 2013 17:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Bob Foster is currently offline Bob FosterFriend
Perhaps you need to install the ssh-slaves plugin.
Re: Native Hudson feature question [message #1063680 is a reply to message #1063674] Thu, 13 June 2013 17:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
FYI: Some people aren't aware that the "native" Linux distro versions bundle plugins. Bundled plugins can't be upgraded unless you perform a manual step. See: http://wiki.hudson-ci.org/display/HUDSON/Pinned+Plugins

This doesn't affect installing new plugins like ssh-slaves or upgrading non-bundled plugins.
Re: Native Hudson feature question [message #1063719 is a reply to message #1063680] Thu, 13 June 2013 20:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Winston Prakash is currently offline Winston PrakashFriend
Hi Alex,

Hudson 3.x does not bundle any plugins. But gives option via initial setup to install plugins and updates. As Bob said you may have to install ssh-plugins and Windows Slave plugin

Use http://hudson-ci.org/downloads/war/3.0.1-b3/hudson.war, which fixes the issue you see with setting windows slave JNLP client as service.

Winston Prakash
Eclipse Hudson team
Re: Native Hudson feature question [message #1063737 is a reply to message #1063680] Thu, 13 June 2013 23:07 Go to previous message
Excuse the ring. In Hudson 3 at least, pinned plugins aren't that big a deal. If you look in Manage Hudson > Manage Plugins > Installed, every pinned plugin will have an Unpin button. All you have to do is click it. Then you can upgrade to a newer version. (Thanks, Winston, for the tip.)
Previous Topic:Executing commands from a program spawned by hudson shell or batch file
Next Topic:Graphical distinguish build state between disabled and aborted
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Mar 29 13:34:53 GMT 2024