Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Archived » BIRT » birt (svg) chart to show in old browser (as IE 8)
birt (svg) chart to show in old browser (as IE 8) [message #1063240] Wed, 12 June 2013 19:17 Go to next message
nari noori is currently offline nari nooriFriend

Hi,

i understand that older browser as IE 8 or older dont have svg support.

I am using Birt RE API to generate reports with charts. All works well. But i need to make the reports work with IE 8 too. If i run my report on Firefox or IE 9 or later, the svg charts are shown, but the svg chart doesnt get shown with IE 8.

But if i run my report with birt report viewer, the chart is shown. I have tried to look at what birt report viewer does, but dont see exact what i need to do to show the svg with Birt RE API. I have tried to search for examples to show svg, but i cant find any.

Is there any way to show the svgs in IE 8 for birt charts ? (my birt-report users dont have administrator/installation rights on their pc, so it has to be an solution i can do programmatically in code, and not a solution where the users install plugins etc.)

Thanks Smile

Re: birt (svg) chart to show in old browser (as IE 8) [message #1063980 is a reply to message #1063240] Mon, 17 June 2013 06:35 Go to previous message
birt user is currently offline birt userFriend
Hi,

Please see this post and check if this helps. This is related to reports not being rendered in IE

birt user
Previous Topic:Problem building BIRT Jars
Next Topic:recompute chart label canvas
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 19 14:56:50 GMT 2024