Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Modeling » Epsilon » Create a product (with RCP) after Eugenia
Create a product (with RCP) after Eugenia [message #1063138] Wed, 12 June 2013 12:59 Go to next message
pedro leonardo is currently offline pedro leonardoFriend
Hello everybody,

This forum seems great and it helped me a lot in the past month creating my application. I've done a project with Eugenia, with node images and so...

Now I would like to make the final product maybe with RCP. I've been trying to generate the RCP code and then import it to a new RCP plug-in that will be the final application.

Are there any steps that I should know about? In the file.gmfmap I've checked the option "Generate RCP application". What's the next step? Create a new plugin and how can I import that "RCP application" that was generated?

I'm using the lastest official version of Eugenia on eclipse Juno (from Epsilon site).

[Updated on: Thu, 13 June 2013 16:44]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Create a product (with RPC) after Eugenia [message #1063232 is a reply to message #1063138] Wed, 12 June 2013 18:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ricardo Daniel is currently offline Ricardo DanielFriend
Hi and welcome to the forums,

I don't quite see what problem you're getting. Can you be a bit more specific as to what errors you're running into? Also, post the full gmfmap file, maybe that will help us help you.
Re: Create a product (with RPC) after Eugenia [message #1063266 is a reply to message #1063232] Wed, 12 June 2013 21:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I think the problem is not gmfmap.

The problem is creating the standalone application with RCP. I don't know how to import the generated code made by eugenia to a new RCP plug-in. By the way, should it be on the new e4 plug-in or the old one. I'm using the available eclipse DSL tools Epsilon.

Thanks in advance.

[Updated on: Thu, 13 June 2013 16:44]

Re: Create a product (with RPC) after Eugenia [message #1063336 is a reply to message #1063266] Thu, 13 June 2013 01:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Dimitris Kolovos is currently offline Dimitris KolovosFriend

Hi,

Please check out the org.eclipse.epsilon.eugenia.examples.rcpapp.* projects under http://dev.eclipse.org/svnroot/modeling/org.eclipse.epsilon/trunk/examples/ for an example of how to do this.

Cheers,
Dimitris
Re: Create a product (with RPC) after Eugenia [message #1063518 is a reply to message #1063336] Thu, 13 June 2013 11:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hello,

Thanks for the reply. I've been searching for days about this problem. Never saw anything like that link. I'll take a look.

Thank you.
Re: Create a product (with RPC) after Eugenia [message #1063662 is a reply to message #1063518] Thu, 13 June 2013 16:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hello again Dimitris ,

Is it suppose to run .product file (on .diagram project) as an eclipse instance? At least from what I know about RPC i think .product file is the final application. Am I right?

I can't run it. It gives me a lot of erros on a clean eclipse epsilon.

Thanks in advance.

[Updated on: Thu, 13 June 2013 16:47]

Re: Create a product (with RPC) after Eugenia [message #1063730 is a reply to message #1063662] Thu, 13 June 2013 22:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message

> Is it suppose to run .product file (on .diagram project) as an eclipse instance? At least from what I know about RPC i think .product file is the final application. Am I right?

Yes.

> I can't run it. It gives me a lot of erros on a clean eclipse epsilon.

I suspect that some errors may be related to the SWT plugins (I'm on Mac - if you're running against a different OS you'll need to update these accordingly) but I may be able to help more if you could post a list of the reported errors.

Cheers,
Dimitris
Re: Create a product (with RPC) after Eugenia [message #1063760 is a reply to message #1063730] Fri, 14 June 2013 06:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hello,

Yes, the errors are from SWT plugin. If you can check, I've upload the log file.

Thank you for your help.
  • Attachment: log.txt
    (Size: 51.38KB, Downloaded 348 times)
Re: Create a product (with RPC) after Eugenia [message #1063788 is a reply to message #1063760] Fri, 14 June 2013 09:10 Go to previous message

Hi,

You'll need to replace the Mac-specific SWT dependencies with their Windows equivalents.

Cheers,
Dimitris
Previous Topic:EGL - syntax error on the simplest example?
Next Topic:eol standalone uml example
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Mar 29 15:43:17 GMT 2024