Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » P2 » Corrupted application after broken update
icon5.gif  Corrupted application after broken update [message #1063087] Wed, 12 June 2013 08:51 Go to next message
David Deland is currently offline David DelandFriend
Hi

In my 3.7 rcp application I use p2 for headless installation/update of plugins
at startup.

Recently, customers complain about inconsistent application environment : application crashes with famous log ('Application "myapp" counld not be found in the registry. The applications available are....').
The reason is that the main udpated jar of my application is corrupted : its size and content are invalid.
My guess is that it's due to client network failures during update.

1) How could I indicate that the application should start with previous correct installation? How could the last update be reverted ?
2) Is it possible to parameterize p2 so that it first :
- download updates in another directory than the current application folder/sub-folders
- check consistency of downloaded artifact
- install new version

Regards
Re: Corrupted application after broken update [message #1063130 is a reply to message #1063087] Wed, 12 June 2013 12:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Pascal Rapicault is currently offline Pascal RapicaultFriend
What you describe in #2 is what happens, however this is predicated on the presence of md5 checksum in the artifact repository.

As for reverting, the p2 director application has an option to revert but it requies the application to b able to start.

Hth
icon5.gif  Re: Corrupted application after broken update [message #1063168 is a reply to message #1063130] Wed, 12 June 2013 14:14 Go to previous message
David Deland is currently offline David DelandFriend
Hi Pascal,

Many thanks for your reply : it helps a lot!

I think you hit the nail on the head when you pointed out md5 checksum presence in #2.
Indeed, almost every dependent plug-ins are described with a 'download.md5' property in the 'artifacts.xml' file (extracted from artifacts.jar), except my specific application' jars.

The p2 repository is created by using eclipse product export, and so are my application's jar.
What has to be done in order to add the md5 sums information during this process ?
Have I to manually change the content of the 'artifacts.xml' file after its generation and after having generated checksums (Checksum Ant task for example) for these jars ?

Regards,
Previous Topic:P2 update mechanism under Indigo
Next Topic:Any official documentation for update sites?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 19 23:34:08 GMT 2024