Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Archived » BIRT » ORA-01427: single-row subquery returns more than one row(Odd error generated by BIRT v4.2 when adding filters to a data set)
ORA-01427: single-row subquery returns more than one row [message #1062998] Tue, 11 June 2013 16:50 Go to next message
Bryan McMillan is currently offline Bryan McMillanFriend
I have been using BIRT for a while now to pull data from Oracle 11g. I have a rather lengthy SQL query with a few subqueries built in but only one level down to pull historical data. The SQL query works just fine with other tools than BIRT and it will even run fine when just using "Preview Results" in the Edit Data Set window. I added 3 calculated fields to the Data Set and yet it still will pull data in the "Preview Results" window no problem. In both instances the "Preview" report works. If I add just one Filter to the Data Set Edit window I can again run the "Preview Results" works fine but when I run "Preview" the report I get:

The following items have errors:

Table (id = 1981):
+ Cannot fetch the next data row.
org.eclipse.birt.report.data.oda.jdbc.JDBCException: Cannot move down to next row in the result set.
SQL error #1:ORA-01427: single-row subquery returns more than one row;

java.sql.SQLException: ORA-01427: single-row subquery returns more than one row

Adding filters to the data set shouldn't cause this error given the query will work in the "Preview Results" within the Edit Data Set window as well as running and pulling the correct date when using external tools to query the database. I have searched the web and the forums but have not seen any results from that search that render any answers. Is it possible that this could be a bug within BIRT?

Regards,

Bryan
Re: ORA-01427: single-row subquery returns more than one row [message #1063040 is a reply to message #1062998] Tue, 11 June 2013 20:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Kristopher Clark is currently offline Kristopher ClarkFriend
What version of BIRT are you running?
Re: ORA-01427: single-row subquery returns more than one row [message #1063058 is a reply to message #1063040] Wed, 12 June 2013 00:22 Go to previous message
Bryan McMillan is currently offline Bryan McMillanFriend
Kristopher,

I am running the Tomcat 6.0.35 with BIRT:

Viewer Version : 3.7.2

Engine Version: 3.7.2

JRE version: 1.7.0_17

On SunOS 5.10

Regards,

Bryan

[Updated on: Wed, 12 June 2013 00:24]

Report message to a moderator

Previous Topic:Fill pdf page with table / vertical lines + transport totals