Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Language IDEs » Java Development Tools (JDT) » Own Launch implementation doesn't see classes from other bundles
Own Launch implementation doesn't see classes from other bundles [message #1062870] Tue, 11 June 2013 08:00 Go to next message
Eclipse GuestFriend
I am writing an eclipse plugin with functionality distributed on some modules (core, util, ui etc). During implementing of new launch configuration (launch of course must call functionality from other bundles) for own project type I faced with the problem that this launch starts in new thread and a class that implements launch functionality don't see classes from other bundles and I have NoClassDefFaundError all the time.

I see that classes are loaded with different classloaders and this is OSGI specific behavior. I added necessary dependencies in MANIFEST files and eclipse shows me thats all ok and successfully build my plugins in workspace. But what happens wrong and why this doesn't work?
Re: Own Launch implementation doesn't see classes from other bundles [message #1062930 is a reply to message #1062870] Tue, 11 June 2013 13:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Eclipse GuestFriend
eclipse community is dead
Re: Own Launch implementation doesn't see classes from other bundles [message #1063052 is a reply to message #1062930] Tue, 11 June 2013 22:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Stephan Herrmann is currently offline Stephan HerrmannFriend
From your description I'm not sure what is your problem actually?
Why do you mention threads in the context of NoClassDefFoundError?
Perhaps you don't mean "new thread" but "new JVM process"?
I'm also don't understand whether the error occurs in the launch delegate or in the target application.
Perhaps also a stacktrace would help.
Re: Own Launch implementation doesn't see classes from other bundles [message #1063078 is a reply to message #1063052] Wed, 12 June 2013 07:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Eclipse GuestFriend
Error occurs in Launch delegate.

And I faced with the problem that some classes can not be found. The feeling that Eclipse caches classes since last start and adds only a change in the existing classes, but does not add new classes.

Re: Own Launch implementation doesn't see classes from other bundles [message #1063234 is a reply to message #1063078] Wed, 12 June 2013 18:34 Go to previous message
Stephan Herrmann is currently offline Stephan HerrmannFriend
not enough information to help
Previous Topic:java.lang.ClassNotFoundException at eclipse launch?
Next Topic:Override default resouce rename refactor
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 09:15:44 GMT 2024