Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Virgo » war deployment - "check the logs for more details" - where?
war deployment - "check the logs for more details" - where? [message #1062759] Mon, 10 June 2013 15:58 Go to next message
Hubert Lyczek is currently offline Hubert LyczekFriend
Hello,

I'm pretty new to virgo tomcat server. I'm not a completely greenhorn, becouse my quite complex application is almost done and works fine. But it is almost done, so it is not finished yet. Currently I'm trying to deploy jersey services, but my war is not deployed successfully. So I need help. Details below:

Server: virgo-tomcat-server-3.6.1.RELEASE

Problem:
When I try to deploy war file I see this exception:

Caused by: org.eclipse.gemini.web.core.spi.ServletContainerException: Web application at '/user-services-core' failed to start. Check the logs for more details.
at org.eclipse.gemini.web.tomcat.internal.TomcatServletContainer.startWebApplication(TomcatServletContainer.java:133)

The most interesting part is: Check the logs for more details.

No Virgo Tomcat Server log file contains required details. I was able to find out that this means that I should check catalina logs. Unfortunately Virgo Tomcat Server does not produce file catalina.log like pure Tomcat server. It only produces file access_log.txt.

The question:

How configure Virgo Tomcat Server in order to get catalina.log file or just to find out what is wrong with my war file?

Thanks in advance.

Hubert
Re: war deployment - "check the logs for more details" - where? [message #1063500 is a reply to message #1062759] Thu, 13 June 2013 10:18 Go to previous message
Violeta Georgieva is currently offline Violeta GeorgievaFriend
Did you check the documentation [1]

[1] http://eclipse.org/virgo/documentation/virgo-documentation-3.6.2.RELEASE/docs/virgo-user-guide/htmlsingle/virgo-user-guide.html#serviceability
Previous Topic:Locked bundle on Windows prevents from Virgo IDE to resolve artefact
Next Topic:Virgo as a daemon
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sat Apr 20 02:43:40 GMT 2024