Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Archived » BIRT » Maximo-BIRT Previous or Next Record(Is it possible to compare info in current record with a previous or next record)
Maximo-BIRT Previous or Next Record [message #1062426] Fri, 07 June 2013 15:41 Go to next message
Danny Gammon is currently offline Danny GammonFriend
I am processing a receipt transaction table and then looking up the total cost of the PO Line associated with the receipt. Then I sum the total cost of each PO line to get a total PO cost. If I have more than one receipt for the same PO/PO Line number, I only want the total PO line cost to be a part of my total PO cost once. Is there a way to compare the current records PO/POline number to a previous or next record to determine if the POLine number occurs more than once?
Re: Maximo-BIRT Previous or Next Record [message #1062500 is a reply to message #1062426] Sat, 08 June 2013 05:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Michael Williams is currently offline Michael WilliamsFriend

You could populate a variable with the current value and use this variable in the next row to determine if it's the same PO. If it is, don't sum the value again. If it's not the same, sum the value and change your variable value for checking the next row. Let me know if I'm misunderstanding.

Michael

Developer Evangelist, Silanis
Re: Maximo-BIRT Previous or Next Record [message #1062715 is a reply to message #1062500] Mon, 10 June 2013 13:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
This sounds like it should work. Would you by chance send me a sample of what you envision that these statements would look like (ie. summing vs not summing). I appreciate the feedback.
Re: Maximo-BIRT Previous or Next Record [message #1062839 is a reply to message #1062715] Tue, 11 June 2013 04:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Can you show a small sample of what your data looks like, what you want the output to look like, and let me know what your BIRT version is?

Michael

Re: Maximo-BIRT Previous or Next Record [message #1063588 is a reply to message #1062715] Thu, 13 June 2013 13:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I am out of the office today. I will get an example to you tomorrow. Thanks for all of your help. It is greatly appreciated.
Re: Maximo-BIRT Previous or Next Record [message #1064387 is a reply to message #1063588] Wed, 19 June 2013 04:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Let me know if you still need help with this! Smile

Michael

Re: Maximo-BIRT Previous or Next Record [message #1064490 is a reply to message #1064387] Wed, 19 June 2013 13:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
The short answer is yes I still need help. However, my priorities have been changed and I have had to delay my work on the report that generated my inquiry. I guess all that I can do at this point, is to wait until I start working on the report again and see if the suggestions that have already been made can be implemented. Thanks again for the response and the help.
Re: Maximo-BIRT Previous or Next Record [message #1064539 is a reply to message #1064490] Wed, 19 June 2013 18:40 Go to previous message

Sounds good. When you start back up on it, shoot me some data and what the output should look like. Just a few lines will do. I'll create an example for you with that data if you need.

Michael

Previous Topic:Problem to use the RCPMultiPageReportEditor in a RCP application
Next Topic:Dataset results are incomplete
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Apr 16 10:39:20 GMT 2024