Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Requirements Modeling Framework  » Clarification on Spec hierachy(What kind of Spec Relation Type is(or is related to) a spec hierarchy )
Clarification on Spec hierachy [message #1062383] Fri, 07 June 2013 13:12 Go to next message
Anthony FAUCOGNEY is currently offline Anthony FAUCOGNEYFriend
Hello,

First thanks all for your good job.

I'm familiar with reqif, rmf and pror, but I still miss one point : the spec hierarchy

What kind of relational type a spec hierarchy is ?

Is it a refinement/derivation or more a composition ?

Feel free to add more background information if you think I'm out !

Thanks for help.

Anthony
Re: Clarification on Spec hierachy [message #1062546 is a reply to message #1062383] Sat, 08 June 2013 16:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Michael Jastram is currently offline Michael JastramFriend
Hello Anthony,

SpecHierarchy elements are arranged in a tree below a Specification. Each SpecHierarchy references a SpecObject. They allow the arrangement of requirements in a tree structure, and the SpecHierarchies are the nodes of the tree.

If you check out the ReqIF Spec (http://www.omg.org/spec/ReqIF/1.0.1/PDF/), this is visualized in Figure 10.6 (page 33).

I hope this helps!

- Michael
Re: Clarification on Spec hierachy [message #1062648 is a reply to message #1062546] Mon, 10 June 2013 08:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Anthony FAUCOGNEY is currently offline Anthony FAUCOGNEYFriend
Thanks Mickael,

But my question is more on the "what kind" of relation this spec hierarchy (the spec object node) address to the spec object leaf ?

Is it a refinement, a derivation, a composition, a copy... whatever else.

Thanks in advance.
Re: Clarification on Spec hierachy [message #1062875 is a reply to message #1062648] Tue, 11 June 2013 08:19 Go to previous message
Michael Jastram is currently offline Michael JastramFriend
Hello Anthony,

It's a reference, or, in UML-speak, it's a directed association relationship. You could probably also interpret it as an aggregation relationship, but that's not how it is represented in the spec.

Best,

- Michael
Previous Topic:Problems with unload Resources and reloading them and working with a new EditingDomain
Next Topic:Easier selection?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 09:59:42 GMT 2024