Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Modeling » Epsilon » HELP! java.lang.NullPointerException when editing .model(I am getting a NullPointerException when editing (exeed) against that metamodel)
HELP! java.lang.NullPointerException when editing .model [message #1062358] Fri, 07 June 2013 11:58 Go to next message
Julian Johnson is currently offline Julian JohnsonFriend
I've created a simple metamodel, via
• New -> Other > Empty EMF project ('crews')
• The right click on project, and New > ecore diagram;
Then saved, and registered metamodel, confirmed it has registered with Registry browser.
Then did
• New -> Other -> Epsilon > EMF Model
...associated this with the same metamodel, and then editing the model with exeed. At first I was able to add instances fine. After a couple of cycles of repeating the above, typically deleting the model before creating a new one against the modified metamodel, I now find I am getting a java.lang.NullPointerException when trying to add a particular instances of a class in the model. Attached are:

-screen dump of error
-metamodel .ecore
-metamodel diagram

The error is occuring when I try to create an instance of task. I can create instances of zone and equipment OK.

Help!
Re: HELP! java.lang.NullPointerException when editing .model [message #1062410 is a reply to message #1062358] Fri, 07 June 2013 14:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Antonio Garcia-Dominguez is currently offline Antonio Garcia-DominguezFriend

Could you provide us with a stack trace of the NullPointerException? That'd be a big help Smile.

Also, which class do we need to try adding to your model to produce the NPE?
Re: HELP! java.lang.NullPointerException when editing .model [message #1062445 is a reply to message #1062410] Fri, 07 June 2013 18:02 Go to previous message
Dimitris Kolovos is currently offline Dimitris KolovosFriend

Hi Julian,

There appear to be some issues with crews.ecore. Please open crews.ecore using the the "Sample Ecore Model Editor", right-click on the root of the tree and select "Validate". This will pop up a dialog with a few problems; fixing these should make the NPE disappear.

Thanks,
Dimitris
Previous Topic:problem with "source.constraint" Eugenia annotation
Next Topic:Nodes with inital names
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sat Apr 20 00:59:31 GMT 2024