Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Virgo » Help needed with basic resolution issue
Help needed with basic resolution issue [message #1062310] Fri, 07 June 2013 07:15 Go to next message
Franck Mising name is currently offline Franck Mising nameFriend
I have been scratching my head for hours now trying to figure out why a basic bundle with a dependency on org.eclipse.core.runtime won't resolve in the user region.

The user console tells me that the package is there, and has been imported by the org.springframework.core bundle.

osgi> p org.eclipse.core.runtime
org.eclipse.core.runtime; version="3.4.0"<org.eclipse.equinox.common_3.6.100.v20120509-1351 [16]>
  org.springframework.core_3.1.0.RELEASE [61] imports

However if I put the attached MANIFEST.MF in repository/usr/my-test/META-INF and try to start that bundle I get this resolver error:

*** BEGIN RESOLUTION ***
** RESOLVING [..._7.4.0.001] **
Trying to resolve: [..._7.4.0.001], org.eclipse.core.runtime
** IMPORT org.eclipse.core.runtime[..._7.4.0.001] failed to resolve
[..._7.4.0.001] NOT RESOLVED
*** END RESOLUTION ***

I have tried using all combinations of bundleImports and packageImports in userregion.properties to import the package (org.eclipse.core.runtime) and/or the bundle (org.eclipse.equinox.common) into the user region, that doesn't to make any difference.

I am really at a loss here, help would be greatly appreciated!
Thanks

The attached MANIFEST simply reads:

Manifest-Version: 1.0
Bundle-Version: 7.4.0.001
Bundle-Name: mb-test
Bundle-ManifestVersion: 2
Import-Package: org.eclipse.core.runtime
Bundle-SymbolicName: com.fairisaac.mb.test

• Attachment: MANIFEST.MF
    (Size: 0.20KB, Downloaded 143 times)
Re: Help needed with basic resolution issue [message #1062320 is a reply to message #1062310] Fri, 07 June 2013 07:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Franck Mising name is currently offline Franck Mising nameFriend
org.eclipse.equinox.common is a singleton bundle, and I just found this statement by Glynn in an old post on the dev list:

"These two properties will interact as follows. If a singleton bundle is specified in both these properties and is resolved first in the kernel region, then it will fail to resolve in the user region since the singleton is imported from the kernel region. However, resolving in the opposite order is a little tricky. Suppose the singleton in the user region is resolved first. Then I think it would be necessary to fail the resolution of the singleton in the kernel region even though the singleton bundle is not imported from the user region to the kernel region."

Not sure how relevant that is, but is there anything special about exporting singleton bundles to the user region?

Thanks!
Re: Help needed with basic resolution issue [message #1062430 is a reply to message #1062320] Fri, 07 June 2013 16:20 Go to previous message
Miles Parker is currently offline Miles ParkerFriend
I think the issue is really simple -- if maddeningly frustrating -- the spring framework is importing an older version of the bundle then has been resolved for your build. Try explicitly specifying 3.6.0 as the runtime bundle for your built bundle.
Previous Topic:OsgiBundleApplicationContextListener not listening to events from all bundles
Next Topic:Spring annotation config
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 22:41:28 GMT 2024