Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Archived » Jubula » How to select hidden tabs from an overcrowded TabbedComponent(Or reference the button that brings up the menu of hidden tabs)
How to select hidden tabs from an overcrowded TabbedComponent [message #1062275] Thu, 06 June 2013 23:03 Go to next message
David Hickernell is currently offline David HickernellFriend
When you have a TabbedComponent in your AUT that is not wide enough to show all of the tabs in it at once, is there any way for Jubula to access the tabs that are not currently shown? I tried ub_grc_checkExistenceOfContextMenuEntry_byTextpath on the TabbedComponent with MOUSE_BUTTON set to 1, but that gave me an Action Error saying "Context Menu not found".

I am using standalone Jubula in Ubuntu, with an RCP AUT.
Re: How to select hidden tabs from an overcrowded TabbedComponent [message #1062302 is a reply to message #1062275] Fri, 07 June 2013 06:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Alexandra Schladebeck is currently offline Alexandra SchladebeckFriend
Hi,

I have a feeling that if the tab isn't visible, it can't be clicked directly. A few options come to mind though:

1. I tried mapping the "extra editors" control, and it gave me "toolbar item". The textfield and the list inside it are a text field and a table. A nice module should be able to deal with it quite well.

2. If you're dealing with editors, I know that on windows there are the key combinations Ctrl+Shift+E and Ctrl+E to open the "Switch Editor" Dialog or the "Quick Switch Editor" component (this is the same one that opens when you click on the "more" button in the tabbed folder). Not sure what the Linux combinations are, but perhaps there are similar ones.

3. The final option would be to close tabs that are not necessary so that there are fewer there.

HTH,
Alex
Re: How to select hidden tabs from an overcrowded TabbedComponent [message #1062424 is a reply to message #1062302] Fri, 07 June 2013 15:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Alexandra, thank you for your response. In this case, I am actually dealing with a TabbedComponent within an editor (along the lines of the editor for plugin.xml files in Eclipse), so unfortunately option #2 would not serve my purposes. Also, our testing requires the use of all of the tabs, so closing any of them would complicate things.

Our only option at this point seems to be simply to ensure that the view is wide enough to accommodate all of the tabs before testing starts.

Thanks again!
Re: How to select hidden tabs from an overcrowded TabbedComponent [message #1062481 is a reply to message #1062424] Fri, 07 June 2013 23:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi,

I just realized that, after explicitly selecting a tab, I could navigate to the other tabs using the left and right arrows. Smile So I came up with the following:

Test Case 1:
1. Click in the middle of the tabbed edge of the tabbed component (to ensure that the tabs have keyboard focus)
2. Check that the index of the selected tab = 1
3. Execute Test Case 2
Event Handler (Check Failed, RETRY, sufficiently large number) - Input left arrow key

Test Case 2:
1. Check that the value of the selected tab matches the name you're looking for
Event Handler (Check Failed, RETRY, same large number) - Input right arrow key

Thanks!
Re: How to select hidden tabs from an overcrowded TabbedComponent [message #1063068 is a reply to message #1062481] Wed, 12 June 2013 06:17 Go to previous message
Alexandra Schladebeck is currently offline Alexandra SchladebeckFriend
Hi David,

Thanks for posting this! I'll be the first to admit it's not quite as pretty as being able to select it outright, but it seems like a nice robust, reusable module, so thanks for explaining it!

Alex
Previous Topic:Error:java.lang.ArrayIndexOutOfBoundsException: -1
Next Topic:Accidental folder removing bug
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 06:37:53 GMT 2024