Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Language IDEs » ServerTools (WTP) » Javascript Hints and autocompletion?(How can external .js files be referenced?)
Javascript Hints and autocompletion? [message #1062245] Thu, 06 June 2013 16:37 Go to next message
John McCann is currently offline John McCannFriend
I'm developing a phonegap webapp with Eclipse +ADT + WTP. The javascript hinting and autocompletion only works for the current .js file being edited. Is there a way to include other .js files in the same, or other, directories. I have a very simple layout /assets/www/scripts. It would be nice if all .js files in scripts where included for autocompletion. Even nicer would be including jquery, knockoutjs, handlebars, etc. BTW, it was simple to do this in NetBeans. However, Eclipse is much more convenient for developing with ADT.

I've spent sometime googling and searching this forum. I can't find a clear, recent, answer.

Thanks!

Eclipse 4.2.0
ADT: 22.0.0
WDT: 3.4.1

Re: Javascript Hints and autocompletion? [message #1062262 is a reply to message #1062245] Thu, 06 June 2013 20:00 Go to previous message
Nitin Dahyabhai is currently offline Nitin DahyabhaiFriend

If you're not in a JavaScript Project, go to the project's "Configure" context menu and make it one. Once the project is enabled for JavaScropt, open the project's Properties dialog and from the JavaScript>Include Path page, set /assets/www/scripts as a Source Folder. For anything you're not developing (jQuery, etc.), put them in a different folder and add that as a Library Folder.

_
Nitin Dahyabhai
Eclipse Web Tools Platform
Previous Topic:Source Editing link between xml and xsd information
Next Topic:XML Editor Not Validating xi:Include
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Apr 23 17:26:15 GMT 2024