Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » EGit / JGit » Does EGit now usable?(stability)
Does EGit now usable? [message #1062031] Wed, 05 June 2013 13:47 Go to next message
Sebastien Tardif is currently offline Sebastien TardifFriend
From the perspective of someone used to SubVersion plug-in in Eclipse and also from the perspective of a sane person, EGit was not usable in Eclipse 6 months ago. A simple check in the bug tracker have shown hundreds of reported issues.

I just changed of project and they are using Subversion and Eclipse. I would like to push them to move to git, but do we now have a usable plug-in for Eclipse?

Re: Does EGit now usable? [message #1063966 is a reply to message #1062031] Sun, 16 June 2013 23:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Chris Aniszczyk is currently offline Chris AniszczykFriend
The 3.0 release is coming out in a few days:
http://wiki.eclipse.org/EGit/New_and_Noteworthy/3.0

Maybe you can try it out and make a judgement yourself? It works well for me.
Re: Does EGit now usable? [message #1064062 is a reply to message #1063966] Mon, 17 June 2013 13:28 Go to previous message
R Shapiro is currently offline R ShapiroFriend
I use EGit successfully and without any problems every day, so the premiss here is clearly wrong. Certainly there are some features missing that I'd like to see added, and no doubt there are bugs I haven't run into, but that's true of every piece of software ever written. As for counting the tasks in the bug tracker, this is a ridiculous way to measure the current status of the system.

Original poster, if you're having problems, say specifically what they are and probably you can get answers here. As it stands your comment is devoid of content.

For the record, I'm not a member of the EGit of JGit development teams, just a user who's mostly pretty impressed with the quality of this work.
Previous Topic:Git version in EGit ?
Next Topic:Projects only on a branch are lost when switching between branches
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 15:09:02 GMT 2024