Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » EclipseLink » Accesing Eclipselink DBWS (Accesing Eclipselink DBWS from Eclipse RCP client)
Accesing Eclipselink DBWS [message #1061783] Tue, 04 June 2013 04:50 Go to next message
Panisha RN is currently offline Panisha RNFriend
I have a Eclipse RCP application where in I am retrieving the information from various tables from the database using eclipse link (using JPQL query or Criteria).

I want to keep the database connection and retrieval operation on some server so that Application does not affected by performance when it is accessed around the glob.(Using this approach my application starts behaving like web application).

I have generated all the deployment artifacts(both war and jar) using dbwsbuilder.cmd by specifying following property.

</properties>
<table
schemaPattern="<schemaName>"
tableNamePattern="%"
/>

i have around 40-50 JPQL or Criteria queries in my RCP, can any one help how can i convert these into query which can be excuted using EclipseLink DBWS?

Is there any i can map the query result back to corresponding OR object in my application?

Please let me know if any documentation exist which can help me to solve the problem.

Thanks in advance.

[Updated on: Tue, 04 June 2013 04:51]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Accesing Eclipselink DBWS [message #1061889 is a reply to message #1061783] Tue, 04 June 2013 14:18 Go to previous message
James Sutherland is currently offline James SutherlandFriend

DBWS supports exposing database artifacts (stored procedures, tables) through WebServices. It is not a remote interface to JPA and does not support JPQL or JPA functions.

The EclipseLink REST support is more similar to what you seem to want, and does support JPQL, so you may consider using it. It still will not give your client a JPA interface, only a REST interface.

To move to a proper three tier architecture you may consider encapsulating your client application operations into server side service APIs. Then use remote EJB SessionBeans, REST, or web services to expose those APIs. Your server would then expose both application (business) and persistent logic, instead of just persistence.

EclipseLink 2.5 also has some support for a remote JPA interface exposed over RMI. You may consider investigating this.

James : Wiki : Book : Blog : Twitter
Previous Topic:JPQL queries on Virtual Access Method fields
Next Topic:3 table cascade reference @JoinFetch
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 19 23:31:32 GMT 2024