Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Modeling » EMF » [CDO] Error when saving a model having two editors opened
[CDO] Error when saving a model having two editors opened [message #1061703] Mon, 03 June 2013 14:28 Go to next message
Marc Gil is currently offline Marc GilFriend
Hi,

I'm having problems when having multiple CDO editors opened and save one of them. I get an exception that says "java.lang.IllegalStateException: Cannot modify resource set without a write transaction".

In my editors, every one of them is managed by a different CDO Transaction. When creating the editor, a Transactional Editing Domain is assigned, and the resource set is provided by the CDO Transaction.

So in my example, I have 2 editors A and B. Resource A references resource B. And when I save the editor A, CDO tries to refresh the resources in the Transaction of the editor B, having the following exception:

java.lang.IllegalStateException: Cannot modify resource set without a write transaction
	at org.eclipse.emf.transaction.impl.TransactionChangeRecorder.assertWriting(TransactionChangeRecorder.java:348)
	at org.eclipse.emf.transaction.impl.TransactionChangeRecorder.appendNotification(TransactionChangeRecorder.java:302)
	at org.eclipse.emf.transaction.impl.TransactionChangeRecorder.processObjectNotification(TransactionChangeRecorder.java:284)
	at org.eclipse.emf.transaction.impl.TransactionChangeRecorder.notifyChanged(TransactionChangeRecorder.java:240)
	at org.eclipse.emf.common.notify.impl.BasicNotifierImpl.eNotify(BasicNotifierImpl.java:374)
	at org.eclipse.emf.common.notify.impl.NotificationChainImpl.dispatch(NotificationChainImpl.java:98)
	at org.eclipse.emf.common.notify.impl.NotificationChainImpl.dispatch(NotificationChainImpl.java:86)
	at org.eclipse.emf.internal.cdo.view.CDOViewImpl.sendDeltaNotifications(CDOViewImpl.java:1022)
	at org.eclipse.emf.internal.cdo.view.CDOViewImpl.doInvalidate(CDOViewImpl.java:889)
	at org.eclipse.emf.internal.cdo.view.CDOViewImpl$InvalidationRunnable.run(CDOViewImpl.java:1661)
	at org.eclipse.net4j.util.concurrent.QueueRunner.work(QueueRunner.java:26)
	at org.eclipse.net4j.util.concurrent.QueueRunner.work(QueueRunner.java:1)
	at org.eclipse.net4j.util.concurrent.QueueWorker.doWork(QueueWorker.java:88)
	at org.eclipse.net4j.util.concurrent.QueueWorker.work(QueueWorker.java:79)
	at org.eclipse.net4j.util.concurrent.Worker$WorkerThread.run(Worker.java:206)

I thing it's no problem of CDO, but mine, but I don't know how to solve it. Any idea?

Thanks,
Marc
Re: [CDO] Error when saving a model having two editors opened [message #1061704 is a reply to message #1061703] Mon, 03 June 2013 14:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
The error is thrown even if the resources are not related between them... Sad
Re: [CDO] Error when saving a model having two editors opened [message #1061710 is a reply to message #1061704] Mon, 03 June 2013 14:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I checked the CDOEditor class from CDO and I realized that Eike is not using a Transactional Editing Domain, but an Adapter Factory Editing Domain. If I do the same, the error doesn't appear.

There is any reason about Transactional Editing Domains should not work properly in CDO? It's better to use Adapter Factory Editing Domains?

Thanks,
Marc
Re: [CDO] Error when saving a model having two editors opened [message #1061866 is a reply to message #1061710] Tue, 04 June 2013 12:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Christian Damus is currently offline Christian DamusFriend

Hi, Marc,

The Kepler release of Papyrus now includes integration with CDO. As it
is based on GMF, Papyrus uses TransactionalEditingDomains with CDO
(with the help of the CDO's Dawn component).

You might have a look at the org.eclipse.papyrus.cdo.* plug-ins for
ideas. These are not included in the main Papyrus installation, but in
the "extra plug-ins" which are available in the SVN repo or installable
via "Help -> Install Additional Papyrus Components".

HTH,

Christian

On 2013-06-03 14:53:27 +0000, Marc Gil said:

> I checked the CDOEditor class from CDO and I realized that Eike is not
> using a Transactional Editing Domain, but an Adapter Factory Editing
> Domain. If I do the same, the error doesn't appear.
>
> There is any reason about Transactional Editing Domains should not work
> properly in CDO? It's better to use Adapter Factory Editing Domains?
>
> Thanks,
> Marc
Re: [CDO] Error when saving a model having two editors opened [message #1061879 is a reply to message #1061866] Tue, 04 June 2013 13:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Thanks Christian, I'll have a look when I have time Smile I was using TransactionalEditingDomains for the same reason, in order to allow GMF integration in CDO in the future, but at the moment it's enough for us to use AdapterFactoryEditingDomain that is using for instance the default CDO Editor.

Nevertheless, I will have a look for sure.

Cheers,
Marc
Re: [CDO] Error when saving a model having two editors opened [message #1706362 is a reply to message #1061879] Wed, 26 August 2015 09:35 Go to previous message
Thorsten Schlathölter is currently offline Thorsten SchlathölterFriend
Hi,
I know this is an old thread but the answer might be of value for others. So in short:

You can make use of the

org.eclipse.papyrus.cdo.core.resource.CDOAwareTransactionalEditingDomainProvider

which uses a

org.eclipse.emf.cdo.dawn.transaction.DawnTransactionChangeRecorder

This special ChangeRecorder filters out

org.eclipse.emf.cdo.CDODeltaNotification

which cause the actual problem.

Regards,
Thorsten
Previous Topic:Derived Property
Next Topic:defaultValueLiteral for EEnum attribute with multi-selection
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 19 01:35:32 GMT 2024