Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Newcomers » Newcomers » Empty "Project Selection"
Empty "Project Selection" [message #1061510] Sat, 01 June 2013 12:35 Go to next message
Frank Walter is currently offline Frank WalterFriend
Hello,

I am new to Android programming and at the moment I try to run k9-mail (Android App) in the emulator.
I build the project with only warnings, but when I want to create a Run Configuration in the Tab "Android" under "Project", there is nothing and 'Browse' opens an empty window with Title "Project Selection", which is empty (see screenshot attached).

What do I have to do, that I find my project here?
What am I missing?
What does it mean, when this window stays empty?

Thank you

frank
Re: Empty "Project Selection" [message #1061566 is a reply to message #1061510] Mon, 03 June 2013 01:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
David Wegener is currently offline David WegenerFriend
On 06/02/2013 08:29 PM, Frank Walter wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I am new to Android programming and at the moment I try to run k9-mail (Android App) in the emulator.
> I build the project with only warnings, but when I want to create a Run Configuration in the Tab "Android" under "Project", there is nothing and 'Browse' opens an empty window with Title "Project Selection", which is empty (see screenshot attached).
>
> What do I have to do, that I find my project here?
> What am I missing?
> What does it mean, when this window stays empty?
>
> Thank you
>
> frank
>
Android tools are provided by Google. You need to use their support
options to answer your Android development questions.
Re: Empty "Project Selection" [message #1061585 is a reply to message #1061566] Mon, 03 June 2013 07:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Frank Walter is currently offline Frank WalterFriend
David Wegener wrote on Sun, 02 June 2013 21:41
Android tools are provided by Google. You need to use their support
options to answer your Android development questions.

Nothing to do with Android tools. It was a typical eclipse beginners problem.

It was just as simple as that: I had all projects checked as "Is Library", so no active project was found. This is why the window was empty.

I unchecked "Is Library" of the k9mail project and all worked.

Re: Empty "Project Selection" [message #1102210 is a reply to message #1061585] Thu, 05 September 2013 14:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Brian Foote is currently offline Brian FooteFriend
Any answer on this? I have the same question. Import a goofy little project and the Project Selection box is empty.
Re: Empty "Project Selection" [message #1162313 is a reply to message #1102210] Wed, 30 October 2013 09:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
shlomi mihaeli is currently offline shlomi mihaeliFriend
hey,

don't know if still relevant but...
go to your "library project" -> right click-> properties -> android(tab)-> check the "is library" checkbox in the bottom.

now when you go to your main project -> right click-> properties -> android(tab)-> add library , now you should be able to choose your library project.
Re: Empty "Project Selection" [message #1751702 is a reply to message #1061510] Thu, 12 January 2017 16:28 Go to previous message
Anne Creek is currently offline Anne CreekFriend
I have a same problem after making copy of wizard's generated C++ "Hello word".

Also I do not see the difference Name and Project labels

Name of what ? Project ?
Project of what?

How can I "Search (for ) Project " and then get "project must first be entered before searching for program " AKA Catch 22

Please define these terms - "Name ". "Project" , "Program" or provide real link to help file.
Thanks for all your time.

[Updated on: Thu, 12 January 2017 16:29]

Report message to a moderator

Previous Topic:New Project java.lang.SecurityException
Next Topic:debug confused
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 22:53:26 GMT 2024