Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » NatTable » Multi-cell editing changes between 0.9.0 and 1.0.0
Multi-cell editing changes between 0.9.0 and 1.0.0 [message #1061456] Fri, 31 May 2013 17:55 Go to next message
Patrick Rusk is currently offline Patrick RuskFriend
I'm working on converting from 0.9.0 to 1.0.0. The following patch of code uses API that no longer exists:
MultiCellEditDialog dialog =
                new MultiCellEditDialog(parent.getShell(), cellEditor, originalCanonicalValue,
                                initialEditValue, allowIncrementDecrement, configRegistry,
                                lastSelectedCell);

int returnValue = dialog.open();

ActiveCellEditor.close();

if (returnValue == Window.OK) {
    try {
        Object editorValue = dialog.getEditorValue();

MultiCellEditDialog no longer exists, though it appears that CellEditDialog has support for multi-cell editing. ActiveCellEditor no longer exists. Finally, CellEditDialog doesn't have getEditorValue(), though I do see a getCommittedValue().

Does anyone have any insight or examples for how to use the new API for multi-cell editing?

Thanks.
Re: Multi-cell editing changes between 0.9.0 and 1.0.0 [message #1061459 is a reply to message #1061456] Fri, 31 May 2013 18:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Dirk Fauth is currently offline Dirk FauthFriend
Well the question is more, what are you trying to achieve?

Every change related to edit refactoring is collected in a forum topic that is also linked in the new & noteworthy.

In short, yes the CellEditDialog replaces the MultiCellEditDialog. It can be used for single and multi cell editing. Yes the API is generalized to support creation of new cell editors in a dialog. The API should be well documented to get an idea it.

If you tell me what you want to do, maybe I can give you a hint.

Greez,
Dirk
Re: Multi-cell editing changes between 0.9.0 and 1.0.0 [message #1061464 is a reply to message #1061459] Fri, 31 May 2013 19:06 Go to previous message
Patrick Rusk is currently offline Patrick RuskFriend
Thanks, I found that forum topic linked from the new and noteworthy shortly after I posted. I'm looking through it.
Previous Topic:Applying CSS to NatTable
Next Topic:Dependency on org.apache.commons.codec?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Apr 16 04:26:46 GMT 2024